cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Solved] Unity - Entitlement working but unable to retrieve AssetFiles

Inpu
Protege
Hi !

My environment is the following : Unity v2017.3.1f1, Oculus Utilities v1.27.0, OVRPlugin v1.27.0, SDK v1.29.0, Oculus Go

I've set up the Platform SDK. The Entitlement and the AsyncInitialize is working fine on the Editor with the OculusPlatformSettings configured with my Oculus account, but when I'm calling AssetFile.GetList().OnComplete(MyFunction), I'm never getting a callback to my "MyFunction" method.

If I push it to my alpha channel, it seems to reach it properly, but then I have another issue : it doesn't find any asset file despite the fact that I can see them on the build details.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here ? Commands like Users.GetLoggedInUser() are working fine on the editor, but anything related to the AssetFiles doesn't seems to trigger any event on the editor.

Thanks, also paging @imperativity 🙂

Edit 1 :

By doing more test I've noticed the following :

- On the Oculus Go, If I launch the app for the first time after an update or the first instalation, AssetFile.GetList() return an empty array

- If I launch the app at least a second time after an installation or an update, it does return all my Assets.

That's really weird.

Edit 2 : Additional information : I've tried upgrading to Unity 2017.4.9, still the exact same behavior.

Edit 3 :

I'm still experiencing both issues :

- Unable to get the AssetFiles on the Editor (callback method never called)

- Unable to get AssetFile on first launch after an install or an update

I'm trying to go deeper in the process, here's what's working when I'm able to get the assetfiles :

- I can loop my AssetFile list and get the one I want

-
I can download it, after it's downloaded, it's put on the following
folder according to AssetFileDownloadResult :
/storage/emulated/0/Android/obb/fr.InsideLearning.AQUIOThermes/myFile

-
I'm able to retrieve it using
"UnityEngine.Networking.UnityWebRequest.GetAssetBundle" with the URI :
"file:///storage/emulated/0/Android/obb/fr.InsideLearning.AQUIOThermes/myFile",
I'm also downloading the .meta and .manifest file.

However, when I'm trying to get the AssetBundle using DownloadHandlerAssetBundle.GetContent(), I'm getting the following error :

"Failed to open file
'archive:/CAB-5aadb2fd12ba293da215f3179655470e/CAB-5aadb2fd12ba293da215f3179655470e.resource'.
(No such file or directory)".

Am I doing something wrong ? Is this the
right way to read AssetBundle files generated using Unity and set as
"DLC" on Oculus ? It's kind of driving me crazy, this is a critical
piece of the app I'm creating for a customer.

For information, I've set permissions to READ and WRITE to external storage.

I really, really need your help,

PS
: Maybe that's related, but you say on the documentation that users can
manually download DLC file outside the app, but I can't find a way to
do it when I'm on the app main page on the Oculus go, or from my
smartphone

14 REPLIES 14

Inpu
Protege
It seems that a firmware update is rolling on the Oculus Go. @imperativity do you know if it include the fix ? I can't find the changelogs.

Thanks !

Inpu
Protege
@imperativity : It has fixed the issue ! That's awesome, thanks :smile:

PHORIA-Dev
Explorer
Hey, I'm having the exact same issue and have spent ages trying to fix it to no success. It sounds like imperativity had a solution, however his account has been deleted so I can't see what it was. Do you remember how you fixed this?

Inpu
Protege
Hi !

If I recall correctly, it was the firmware update that fixed the issue. I've checked the ticket that I had with the support, and I end up closing it too after the update.

PHORIA-Dev
Explorer
Thanks for the fast reply! That's unfortunate to hear. I'll keep looking around and hopefully find something. :smile: