cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple Unity Oculus Integration fail (for Go)

markfrancombe
Honored Guest
Hi,
Trying to really quickly implement basic VR and movement around a scene in Oculus Go (purely for demoing a model)
In the docs for the Oculus Integration package, it describes the OVRPlayerController thus:
The OVRPlayerController is the easiest way to start navigating a virtual environment. It is basically an OVRCameraRig prefab attached to a simple character controller. It includes a physics capsule, a movement system, a simple menu system with stereo rendering of text fields, and a cross-hair component.

I have dropped it in, set up app ID with the plugin, installed sdk etc.. and done a Build.
With no problem I get a build installed on my Oculus Go. Head tracking works fine (I can look around) The Go Controller works (to an extent) as in I can re-orient the view with the long press. But... CANNOT MOVE.
Is not a simple movement included as part of this component? I have checked the inputs and, without know what precise things should be listed here, , it all looks fine.
OVR manager is in the scene (As attached to the camera rig of course)
Some basic knowledge is missing I am sure.
Note IM no programmer, and have no intention of programming my project when I come to that part, as of now I just want to evaluate the scene and models from within VR (check colliders are functioning and I don't fall through etc)

Any help is gratefully received

Mark

7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think you have to code the movement part

markfrancombe
Honored Guest
Are you sure? 
I’ll just quote this again:
easiest way to start navigating a virtual environment. It is basically an OVRCameraRig prefab attached to a simple character controller. It includes a physics capsule, a movement system

markfrancombe
Honored Guest
Am I allowed to bump? I think I posted over Christmas...

markfrancombe
Honored Guest
hello? BUMP!
Still having trouble getting the OVRCamera Rig to work.

JeffNik
MVP
MVP
I'll pull my GO out tonight and see whats required to make the OVRPlayerController move. Actually - IIRC - the OVRPlayerController uses the Touch controllers to move, which, of course, don't work with the GO. Your issue is that you dropped the OVRPlayerController in your scene, and you cant move, right?

markfrancombe
Honored Guest

JeffNik said:

I'll pull my GO out tonight and see whats required to make the OVRPlayerController move. Actually - IIRC - the OVRPlayerController uses the Touch controllers to move, which, of course, don't work with the GO. Your issue is that you dropped the OVRPlayerController in your scene, and you cant move, right?

Exactly.
And it used to. A year ago I tried this exact same thing and it worked out of the box.

JeffNik
MVP
MVP
What controller are you using to move? The GO remote, right?