cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[v13-15] Editor crashes on play after upgrading Oculus Integration.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I just updated Oculus Integration to v13 and found Unity editor crashes with hand tracking.

What I did is make a new project and a new scene, add setup some necessary stuff such as importing Oculus Integration, and add OVRCameraRig to the scene as well as OVRHandPrefab and OVRControllerPrefab as children of the hand anchors. Finally, change the platform to Android and set OVRManager's Hand Tracking Support to "Controller And Hands". Then I hit play and it crashed. I tried Unity 2019.2.9f1 and 2019.3.0f6 but both didn't work.

The HandTest scene worked successfully just once, and at that time my scene worked too. But after rebooting It didn't work again. I don't know why. Anyone knows the solution?

By the way I am using Oculus Quest and Oculus Link.
14 REPLIES 14

jawatr
Explorer
Same issue here. Did you find any solution to it? 

Digibix
Protege
Same issue, using Unity 2018 4.16f LTS ... with Quest & Link

Anonymous
Not applicable

jawatr said:

Same issue here. Did you find any solution to it? 

I found the editor crashes if you use controllers when you push play. For example, if you wear the HMD first, open virtual desktop, and hit play using controller, then it crashes. If you wear the HMD without controller, meaning you wait for controllers to disapear, then it doesn't.

I don't know if it is related to this issue, but I also found that just changing "Hand Tracking Support" option in OVRManager componenet doesn't change AndroidManifest.xml. You have to manually remove and regenerate it from Oculus>Tools. But here is another problem that even if you change it, it doesn't affect the support. I set it to "Controllers Only", regenerate the file and see the permission isn't written, but I can still use both controllers and hands on play. 

I found these issues using Unity 2019.2.9f1, Oculus App(Windows) Version 13.0.0.280.463 (13.0.0.280.463), Quest version 13.0.0.298.463.195754708.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Did anyone else get the same issue(Using controller before play causing editor crash)? I am wondering if this is only my problem caused by wrong configuration or something.

vascoadtalem
Honored Guest
 @torano It happens exactly the same to me

Anonymous
Not applicable
@vascoadtalem Then it should be a bug. I hope Oculus devs will notice this issue and fix immediately since this is critical for development with Quest.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Someone has already reported the crash issue.
I also created a report about hand tracking option.

JamesButlin_FVR
Honored Guest
I'm having this issue also. Seems to work in the HandTest scene but strangely not on any scenes where I try to add it to the existing OVRCameraRig prefab, despite them being identical!

torano said:

Someone has already reported the crash issue.
I also created a report about hand tracking option.

Digibix
Protege
It will crash if you press play with your controllers (in desktop view, or if you can see your controllers)

Put the quest on (with link enabled)

Make sure you cannot see the controllers

Press play using your mouse

... your hands should work in unity editor