cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please update the Unreal Oculus Platform SDK Sample Project

MrComfort
Protege
The Oculus Platform SDK Sampel Project for Unreal Engine (which you can download here https://developer.oculus.com/downloads/package/oculus-platform-sdk/) is not working.

Direct Connection: I can connect via OculusID.oculus with a listen server, but pawn movement of the client is not displayed on the server. Probably some authority problem. No clue where authorities are managed here.

Connection via Oculus: Creating a Session works and the client friend can click on the server-friend's created session to join. When clicking Start Session nothing happens. Sometimes one or both players are getting kicked out, the status messages show different things for both connected players, it is not possible to invite a friend to the session and destroying sessions does not work. VoIP does work sometimes.

And please work with Unreal to create the missing SDK Blueprints: A lot of SDK features are currently only for C++, please add these as blueprints.
Also, Avatar SDK in combination with multiplayer...

Also a in depth guide on how to do all the Oculus SDK things and a tutorial for a fully working sample game with every SDK feature in it would be amazing. Maybe Unreal could provide a template to download.

I love you guys at Oculus and Unreal, but please help the UE4 VR devs a bit more in creating amazing multiplayer experiences:)
13 REPLIES 13

architetto_mess
Explorer
Hi MrComfort, already use that template, but reality I haven't been able to
understand how it works yet. I'm a little confused. The template that u
mean is located in ......\ovr_platform_sdk_1.43.0\Samples\UnrealSample

On Oculus
1) I create a new organization
2) I create a new app (in this way I get the Player ID)

3) Now, I launch the app on the desktop, and apparently I establish the connection.
4) Now Install the same on the other computer for client.
5) Create Session And Matchmaking
6)Create session, and refresh (I'm the only one connected)
7)Start Matchmaking

8)Client. From the other computer, how i can join the session?
8)Create a new VR project
10)DefaultEngine.ini add (Of coure, with oculusvr and Oculus Online Subsystem activated in Plugin)
[OnlineSubsystemOculus]
bEnabled=true
OculusAppId=<app_id_here> Of course app id from my app

Is this the way?....That's all!!
Now, the question I ask you, how can I share the same place in multiplayer with a friend of mine to take a test?
Thanks in advance.

tpg_sabibo00_qu
Protege
I want to know how to use this too, there is no documentation

wirelitesoft.dev
Adventurer

Hi MrComfort, already use that template, but reality I haven't been able to
understand how it works yet. I'm a little confused. The template that u
mean is located in ......\ovr_platform_sdk_1.43.0\Samples\UnrealSample

On Oculus
1) I create a new organization
2) I create a new app (in this way I get the Player ID)

3) Now, I launch the app on the desktop, and apparently I establish the connection.
4) Now Install the same on the other computer for client.
5) Create Session And Matchmaking
6)Create session, and refresh (I'm the only one connected)
7)Start Matchmaking

8)Client. From the other computer, how i can join the session?
8)Create a new VR project
10)DefaultEngine.ini add (Of coure, with oculusvr and Oculus Online Subsystem activated in Plugin)
[OnlineSubsystemOculus]
bEnabled=true
OculusAppId=<app_id_here> Of course app id from my app

Is this the way?....That's all!!
Now, the question I ask you, how can I share the same place in multiplayer with a friend of mine to take a test?
Thanks in advance.

upload a test build to RC channel, add your friends email as a user to that build channel,
then he can download it and it will say he is entitled to your game.

wirelitesoft.dev
Adventurer

I want to know how to use this too, there is no documentation

The template is coded in the widgets. you have to make your own pawn, add the widgets where needed,
make it look better etc. this is not a VR game. it is an example of how to code the widgets etc
and how to setup the server/client stuff.