cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VR Preview with Oculus Quest not working

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, I'm just starting out in Unreal with the Oculus Quest, and I got the Launch to work by having it build the apk and install onto the Quest. I learned that the VR Preview is supposed to mirror the scene onto your Oculus Quest so you can test it without Launching it every time, but this just doesn't seem to work for me. I found this discussion https://forums.oculusvr.com/developer/discussion/comment/728078 but it has no answer, and everywhere else I look, no one has had this issue which is baffling.

At this point I'm boiling it down to the type of wire I'm using, which is a USB-C to a USB (I'm reusing a the cable for my OnePlus phone since I have no Oculus Link, nor do I have a USB-C port on my computer). Is a Oculus Link *required*? Does anyone have any insight as to what may be causing this issue? It's really frustrating to have to wait 5 minutes every time I can preview it in the Quest when it appears there's a better way for everyone else

3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've found my issue - I had to have a USB-C to USB 3 cable for Oculus to recognize first. Once it's been recognized, it works perfectly now.

nynexla
Explorer
I have a USB-c to 3.0 Cable plugged in and still don't see VR preview on the Quest. Im on a Mac, is this not possible?

zhangyp
Honored Guest
In my project, I can use Link in the VR preview to track the hands normally, but it does not work with Oculus Link in the Windows application packaged in UE4. I want the application to run on Windows instead of Quest. Have you tried this? Looking forward to your reply, thanks!