cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Touch, custom hands jitter/stutter even with example projects

PixelPup
Explorer
Greetings Oculus forum,
      Running into an issue where if I try to use any of the setups with custom hands they jitter or stutter really badly.  The sample framework projects also show this behavior for me.  CustomHands, DistanceGrab, and a few others.  Using the LocalAvatar prefab that uses the default hands seems to work ok, but I am not sure what the issue is.  I am running the newest Oculus Integration and Unity 2018.3.3f1   I tried loading a blank project and not touching any settings and I see the same issue.  Anyone have some thoughts on this?  Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm using the OVRCameraRig with the avatarSDK as a child of that, and it seems to work really well.  Not sure if you are using that camera prefab or not, but might be worth a try if not.

PixelPup
Explorer
Just using the regular OVRCamera and Local Avatar works fine.  I am trying to follow the other examples where you can have custom hands, etc..  Those seem to jitter and stutter whenever I move my hands.  Something seems bugged.

Anonymous
Not applicable

PixelPup said:

Just using the regular OVRCamera and Local Avatar works fine.  I am trying to follow the other examples where you can have custom hands, etc..  Those seem to jitter and stutter whenever I move my hands.  Something seems bugged.

ohh ok I didn't notice the "custom hands" part, sorry! yeah sounds like a bug.  @NinjaGaijin usually notes these and can confirm/deny. 

DemonGamesLab
Protege
PixelPup did you ever figure this out? Me and many other developers are having the same issue. Custom hands just stutter / lag. But the avatar works fine.

ChunkyToads
Honored Guest
For anyone who might find a Youtube video on this useful...

I've also detailed a step-by-step method which worked for me, at getting rid of the jittering/stuttering hands issue. My user privileges won't allow me to post the link in forum but its on youtube as "Oculus Unity Custom Hands Jitter Stutter SOLVED" or head to the Youtube address in screenshot below. 11sffscou2g7.jpg