Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

will Oculus go disappear soon ?

wozhdalwozhdal Posts: 2
NerveGear
Hi,

Oculus go just announced a price drop on oculus go.
What is the next step ? 
Will oculus go disappear from store ?
Is there an equivalent product soon ?
Oculus go is 2x cheaper than quest and a lot more easy to use and understand.  We use it for business things for people who don't know VR.  Go is the best for that. Quest is to complicated .
Thanks for your response :)

Comments

• MikeFMikeF Posts: 961
    3Jane
    I dont see them killing off the headset anytime soon but its not likely they'l ever release another 3dof headset at this point
  • GeoffreyBoyGeoffreyBoy Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    I own Oculus Go and think that I will upgrade only when I'm able to get so immersive experience with some headset that I can't tell the difference from reality. I don't think they will take Go from the market anytime soon.
  • kenneth.lemieux.1kenneth.lemieux.1 Posts: 14
    Brain Burst
    Oculus hasn't said anything about changing their product line. The GO is an amazing platform at a really accessible price. There really isn't anything like it. Let's hope the GO has a place in the future. Until then, I plan on porting everything I write for the other headsets to the go as complexity allows.
  • motorsepmotorsep Posts: 1,488 Oculus Start Member
    The sooner it GOes away, the better for everyone. I am guessing people who praise Go never tried Quest. 

Go is a 3DoF tease for true 6DoF mobile VR, which is Oculus Quest.
  • wirelitesoft.devwirelitesoft.dev Posts: 181 Oculus Start Member
    the go to me was a fail. and as a developer i so wanted to support go until i got one. tbh i have not even turned it on
    since the first day i tried it lol