cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUG: Enable Supports Depth on Stereo Layer create a default solid plane on Oculus Quest build UE4.24

henrikhd
Honored Guest
Guys I've been facing this error since version 4.23 of Unreal:

When I enable Supports Depth on Stereo Layer create a default solid plane on Oculus Quest!58whssg2uvnf.jpg

This is what happens:
t5znscy0hwxn.jpg
This picture was taken using Oculus Quest version 12!

So it doesn't matter if I am using the Mitch's Stereo Layers for UI method (Look for this on YouTube: Mitch's VR Lab Ep11 - UE4 - Stereo Layers for UI) or just loading a texture in the Texture field of the Stereo Layer component.. This always happens!

Does anyone have any idea how I can solve this? I need my controls to render over StereoLayer for my user to be able to interact with the menus.
2 REPLIES 2

livedtrid
Honored Guest
Did you found a solution to this? I'm having the same issue. That's weird because this only happens when packaging the project. When testing with the Launch button everything works just fine.

henrikhd
Honored Guest

livedtrid said:

Did you found a solution to this? I'm having the same issue. That's weird because this only happens when packaging the project. When testing with the Launch button everything works just fine.

Hello @livedtrid  🙂
Sorry for the delay, working hard to make the project run smoothly on Oculus Quest.  :'(

Basically I found a half solution:
req8wjg9agfe.png
Which is to put the folder /OculusVR to Cook...

It works in parts because in general I have a series of bugs that I have no idea why it is happening. But basically I come back to the problem mentioned below:
b3555uqs93d6.png

I recently discovered this video on YT (Building UE4 Source Code (4.24) for Virtual Reality development with GitHub and Visual Studio 2019) that shows how to compile the UE modified by Oculus, I hope that in their versions this can be solved. But I wonder how the official applications work, but in normal ways, there is no answer!