cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Custom Hands - Stutter

DemonGamesLab
Protege
I have been trying to work out how to implement the custom hands in Unity. I got it mostly working, except the hands are very buggy when moving. I tried to search through google, reading forums / watching videos but can not seem to find a solution. I did set the frames to 90 in the time settings and while that did improve it, it is still very laggy.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, does anyone have any info they could share?

Thanks.

Jay.
19 REPLIES 19

hoppingbunny123
Rising Star
sounds like the rotation order is wrong. similar to gimbal lock in rigging. if you have a rotation order of xyz you can choose from try a different one until you go through the list to see if that fixes it. i dont develope oculus sw so i cant test it.

Ninjaspey
Honored Guest
Damn, I tried everything : uninstalled/installed unity, used unity 2019 - 2018, changed timestep to 1/72,...., use camera in place of ovrcamerarig : nothing works. I will try Unreal Engine... lol..

DemonGamesLab
Protege
: /

Ninjaspey
Honored Guest
I'm currently using the asset VR STARTER KIT OCULUS QUEST on Unity asset store for my development.
The developer made a great job : no bugs, readable code, new features added regularly.
It's not expensive and resolves our problem, anyway. :smiley:

DemonGamesLab
Protege
Ninja, is that for just the quest?

Ninjaspey
Honored Guest
@DemonGamesStudio No, there are Rift and Quest versions. 🙂

DemonGamesLab
Protege
Ok, I will check it out this weekend and report back asap!

Ichristianplayz
Honored Guest
did anyone find a fix yet

Anonymous
Not applicable
crickets?

DemonGamesLab
Protege
Unfortunatly, I, my self have not found any solution. I decided to give up my research on this one and just decided to use simple objects or the Oculus Avatar. Hopefully a fix is found soon.