cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Go controller inputs on 4.24.3

Cykyria
Explorer
I'm trying to get the events for the 4.23 and pre input events MotionController (L) Thumbstick Left/Right/Up/Down

The documentation has not been updated, but you can see which inputs I mean:

I've search the Oculus forum here, the UE4 forum and answerhub, UDN, Google,... no luck.

bGoKeysMappedToTouch=1 in the engine.ini doesn't help, either (https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/Platforms/VR/DevelopVR/MotionControllerKeyDeprecation/index.html).

GO inputs seem beyond broken. Does anyone have any idea how to get the trackpad/thumbstick events?

6 REPLIES 6

MaxArch
Heroic Explorer
I tried today with 4.25 and its my impression as well the GO seems beyond broken. Only trigger seems to work. The rest of the inputs or axis don't result in anything. Strange is the original problem is logged to be fixed in 4.24.3 by Unreal.

Anonymous
Not applicable

MaxArch
Heroic Explorer
@aussieburgerVR yes I did. It doesn't work. You don't have any problems in 4.25 with the GO and inputs axis x/y?

Cykyria
Explorer
@aussieburgerVR yes that's why I'm posting this. I would need the right/left/up/down click events from the trackpad of the GO controller. However, I couldn't find how to get the events (with all the links provided and my own research) . I will now work around this and change the UI (add clickable buttons to rotate the object instead of using the trackpad).

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm still on 4.23 but disappointing to hear x y axis values no longer work in later versions. Did you guys post a bug report to oculus and epic?
My project requires these inputs so guess I won't be updating anytime soon 😞

Cykyria
Explorer
Honestly, I didn't take the time to submit a bug report. There used to be Oculus staff around here, and I don't think Oculus cares about the Go anymore (just look at the washed out rendering issue ticket! No reaction for weeks, and then it looks like obviously they can't or won't help?).
It's not like I'm using something arcane. It's Oculus' own version of the Unreal Engine. I'm waiting for 4.25 build and then will test again. If input still doesn't work, I'll submit a ticket for 4.25.