cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Link + Windows Build + Handtracking + Unity

WarlockVR
Honored Guest
Hello I know that you can have handtracking inside unity editor, but is it possible to:
1) Build app (just to windows platform) with hand tracking support in project
2)Then connect quest by oculus link
3) Run the app and have hand tracking?
I was testing and experimenting and it doesnt seem to work.
What is interesting if I move my hand outside the guard area it detects it.

I guess that it is not supported yet or will never be. Anyone knows something about it?
11 REPLIES 11

Fangh
Explorer
It was working. But not anymore since the V16.0

https://developer.oculus.com/bugs/bug/886196565135038/

marcanz
Honored Guest
Does somebody have news on this subject?
I use Oculus Integration v16, works great in Unity Editor but hands do not appear in Windows Build + Link.

herbst
Protege
I'd also like to follow up with this. Having Quest+Link with Hands in a Desktop build has numerous great usecases for experiential projects. Would be great to get an official response to this, or a workaround. Clearly it's not a technical issue but rather a choice from Oculus to prevent that from happening in a build.

BennyZong
Honored Guest

read this:

Note: We support the use of hand tracking on PC through the Unity Editor, when using Oculus Quest + Oculus Link. This functionality is only supported in the Unity Editor to help improve iteration time for Oculus Quest developers.

herbst
Protege
Yes, that's what all here want to change 🙂 There's so many great things in spaces like Museums that could be achieved by having a tethered experience with Hand Tracking.

citron4000
Explorer
Yes that would be extremely useful to be able to use that in PC build with Quest + Link!

inhouse
Honored Guest
Too bad it has been disabled, I've been searching for hours why the hands do not display with pc build + quest + link
Please get it back.

CNevan
Protege
Not sure if this is exactly related but I am seeing different behaviors with regards to hand tracking in the Unity editor vs in a build and run. In the editor, the controllers disappear once hand tracking starts, whereas in the build, controllers don't disappear and the UI pointer line still comes from them rather than the hands. Anyone seen something similar?

peter_janousek_
Honored Guest
Hi!

Can someone from Oculus give us an update on what is the status on hand tracking for Oculus Link + Oculus Quest on PC build?

I would really love to see this working!

Thanks