cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'APK is for 6DoF devices only' error when uploading build

Barracade
Explorer
Hello,
I have made a multiplayer game in Unity, i'm trying upload to the developer dashboard to test the network features and i'm getting this error, 

'APK is for 6DoF devices only'

This is meant for the Quest so that is correct, I have tried unticking support for oculus go and gear vr (the 3DoF devices) in specs thinking that had something to do with it,
can anyone help me to understand what it wants here?
Thankyou for your time.

using : Unity with Oculus integration tool 1.38
17 REPLIES 17

mattsich
Explorer
Would love an update from oculus on this!

mattbenic
Protege
It sounds like you're trying to upload your app to a dashboard app created for the "Mobile" (ie Go and Gear VR) platform. You need to create a separate app on the dashboard and select Oculus Quest as your platform. But you won't be able to select Oculus Quest as your platform until you have been accepted for quest development, typically by completing the Quest Pitch application and having that accepted: https://developer.oculus.com/quest-pitch/

mattsich
Explorer
What if I'm testing stuff? Am I forced to test all Platform API logic locally only? That's quite annoying... 

christian_pris1
Honored Guest
I have applied for the Quest development 3 times now - no reply so far, not even a rejection message. This is really pathetic!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Maybe this is a bit late or you already found a solution that is not written here, but I faced the same problem "'APK is for 6DoF devices only' error when uploading build" and I tried switching to the new XR Plugin from the package manager and that worked for me. I still had to resign Apk with apkresigner to remove the V2 sign made by Unity. But it's less painful than having to edit the Android manifest and remove the Meta file in the apk

AdamEpicVR
Honored Guest
Okay I have problem sending APK to oculus store for tests. App is created for Quest (With Unity 3D), but on store we do not have this permission, so it is considered "mobile". Okay, nothing unnormous here till now. And that's when the fun part starts:
Trying to send APK through store to ALPHA channel -> apk is more than 200 MB so I have to use command tool "ovr-platform-util".
So I'm using - and this tool, after upload states:

"ERROR: The APK is intended only for the 6DoF device and cannot be used on the 3DoF mobile platform. You can set the android parameter: required = "false" in the android.hardware.vr.headtracking property if the APK should be shared by GearVR / Go and Oculus Quest. APKs for 3DoF platforms should have a V1 signature."

I used custom manifest and followed all instructions on developer oculus publish mobile manifest site (sorry, cannot post links)

Getting now this error:

"ERROR: The APK file is signed using the unsupported Signature Scheme V2 standard. Disable signing using the Scheme V2 standard and resubmit"

The time this error appered I was using old XR plugin. I disabled there V2 Signing. Deleted APK and build new one (with bumped build number) - still same error.

Changed min. platform for 21 - still same error,

Used custom gradle with "v2SigningEnabled false" - still this error,
Upgraded XR plugin to new XR, clicking "yes" for every question of removing old XR plugin files etc. - still this error,

Also disabled V2 Signing in new plugin - still same error.

Did I forgot to check some small hidden checkbox somewhere, because it obviously cannot be that simple like disabling V2 Signing in options?

Do you have any idea what is wrong here?

chen_hui_712
Honored Guest
Quest Only APK  error. Has anyone solved this question?
I need help !!
=======================================================================
ERROR: The APK is intended only for the 6DoF device and cannot be used on the 3DoF mobile platform. You can set the android parameter: required = "false" in the android.hardware.vr.headtracking property if the APK should be shared by GearVR / Go and Oculus Quest. APKs for 3DoF platforms should have a V1 signature.

VR_move
Explorer
Hello. Did you manage to solve this problem?