cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest entitlement check fail

dev-test
Honored Guest
Hello,

I'm having issues with the entitlement check on the Oculus quest, it always fail.
Yet it's working perfectly on Oculus Go and GearVR.
I'm using the latest OVR SDK integration from Unity asset store; 1.37.

Any idea what's happening here ?

Regards,
12 REPLIES 12

OCDUOCUe4
Honored Guest
Correct me if I'm wrong, but apparently you need to be an approved Quest developer to be able to publish your Quest app on the release channels, be able to check for entitlement and access platform solutions.

SplicedDNA
Protege
It seems to be that way. It would be nice to be able to push to alpha channels before being approved so I could at least continue development while waiting for approval. Without the entitlement, I can't test Avatar or Rooms features.

beep2bleep
Protege

OCDUOCUe4 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but apparently you need to be an approved Quest developer to be able to publish your Quest app on the release channels, be able to check for entitlement and access platform solutions.

Unless things have changed recently yes, you need to get approved for the Quest title specifically.  So you cannot use platform services (including avatars, or identity).  This is why titles on Sidequest don't have leaderboards since you can't use either Oculus's leaderboards nor your own since you can't get the username.