cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 - Unity - Issue with OVR Scene Quick Preview

mariuxtheone
Explorer
Hello,

I am trying to run the OVR Scene Quick Preview on the Quest 2 for my Unity game. While it works perfectly on Quest 1, on Quest 2 this is what happens:

1) Build and Deploy App works fine, it runs the OVR Transition Scene on Quest 2 (Black screen with floating white windows saying "Failed to Get Scene Info Data"
2) When I try to do Build And Deploy Scenes, I get this error:

Log
Building and deploying transition APK  . . . Success!
Building scene bundles . . . 
Deploying scene bundles to device . . . 
Failed!
adb: error: failed to stat remote object '/sdcard/Android/data/com.my.vrgame/cache/scenes/OVRMasterBundle': No such file or directory

and it doesn't run.

I have allowed for the data permission on Quest 2. Suggestions?
24 REPLIES 24

mariuxtheone
Explorer
No, still getting the same error. Tried with a fresh project importing the Oculus plugin from scratch, still getting the same.

Webbstre
Explorer
Same problem here!

TimothyNL
Honored Guest

No, still getting the same error. Tried with a fresh project importing the Oculus plugin from scratch, still getting the same.

I have the same problem, with the Quest 2 in Unity 2020.1.4f1 with Oculus Integration 20.1.0. 
I thought I might try a new project, but thanks for the heads up that that won't help!

(Am new to (VR) development, and new to these fora. Just got a Quest 2 and finished the Create with Code course, I work with an average laptop so Link won't work for me. DM me if you have any starter tips or tricks).

mdroxas
Honored Guest
I tried the sample scenes. While they deploy and the cameras work, the controllers are not visible. The HandTest_Custom has hands, but in different orientation and the buttons don't work.

Are we to assume that Unity Integration is not working for Quest 2?

mariuxtheone
Explorer
Btw: tried the OVR Build APK & Run, also that one doesn't work. Looks like it's a permissions problem.

Getting this in the Log when trying to run OVR Build APK & Run:

OVRADBTool avc:  denied  { read } for  scontext=u:r:system_server:s0 tcontext=u:object_r:sdcardfs:s0 tclass=file permissive=0
System server has no access to read file context u:object_r:sdcardfs:s0 (from path /sdcard/Oculus/Temp/launcher-debug.apk, context u:r:system_server:s0)
Error: Unable to open file: /sdcard/Oculus/Temp/launcher-debug.apk
Consider using a file under /data/local/tmp/
Error: Can't open file: /sdcard/Oculus/Temp/launcher-debug.apk
Exception occurred while executing:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Error: Can't open file: /sdcard/Oculus/Temp/launcher-debug.apk
at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerShellCommand.setParamsSize(PackageManagerShellCommand.java:461)
at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerShellCommand.runInstall(PackageManagerShellCommand.java:1060)
at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerShellCommand.onCommand(PackageManagerShellCommand.java:169)
at android.os.ShellCommand.exec(ShellCommand.java:108)
at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerService.onShellCommand(PackageManagerService.java:21881)
at android.os.Binder.shellCommand(Binder.java:881)
at android.os.Binder.onTransact(Binder.java:765)
at android.content.pm.IPackageManager$Stub.onTransact(IPackageManager.java:4880)
at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerService.onTransact(PackageManagerService.java:4015)
at android.os.Binder.execTransactInternal(Binder.java:1021)
at android.os.Binder.execTransact(Binder.java:994)

I'm on Unity 2019.4.5f1 with the related Android SDK installed automatically with Unity.

mariuxtheone
Explorer
Also OVR Build APK & Run doesn't work.

It looks like a permission error. I'm on Unity 2019.4.5f1, Android SDK installed with this version of Unity. 

This is what I am getting in the Log;

OVRADBTool avc:  denied  { read } for  scontext=u:r:system_server:s0 tcontext=u:object_r:sdcardfs:s0 tclass=file permissive=0
System server has no access to read file context u:object_r:sdcardfs:s0 (from path /sdcard/Oculus/Temp/launcher-debug.apk, context u:r:system_server:s0)
Error: Unable to open file: /sdcard/Oculus/Temp/launcher-debug.apk
Consider using a file under /data/local/tmp/
Error: Can't open file: /sdcard/Oculus/Temp/launcher-debug.apk
Exception occurred while executing:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Error: Can't open file: /sdcard/Oculus/Temp/launcher-debug.apk
at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerShellCommand.setParamsSize(PackageManagerShellCommand.java:461)
at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerShellCommand.runInstall(PackageManagerShellCommand.java:1060)
at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerShellCommand.onCommand(PackageManagerShellCommand.java:169)
at android.os.ShellCommand.exec(ShellCommand.java:108)
at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerService.onShellCommand(PackageManagerService.java:21881)
at android.os.Binder.shellCommand(Binder.java:881)
at android.os.Binder.onTransact(Binder.java:765)
at android.content.pm.IPackageManager$Stub.onTransact(IPackageManager.java:4880)
at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerService.onTransact(PackageManagerService.java:4015)
at android.os.Binder.execTransactInternal(Binder.java:1021)
at android.os.Binder.execTransact(Binder.java:994)

Webbstre
Explorer
We can't be the only ones having this problem, right?

originlab3d
Explorer
Same problem here!

dustwise
Explorer
I am also experiencing this issue. As a developer who is using Oculus hardware and Oculus software, it is frustrating buying into an ecosystem to have it not function.

Question: Is anyone else here having further issues with their Android installs?

I've had to install Android Studio and point Unity to them. I am also prompted to upgrade my Android SDK (and am unable to) on building and have to tell it to use the highest installed, which I assume is coming from my Studio installs.

Why are we unable to preview our scenes? Any successes?

I am disheartened no one from Oculus has responded.

EDIT: I managed to fix my SDK issue by following unity_03phillipsm's advice here: answers.unity.com/questions/1750743/unable-to-start-adb-server-make-sure-the-android-s should it be affecting anyone else. That said, it did not resolve the OVRMasterBundle issue posed by the thread.