cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android app not showing up when Unity project contains 'Oculus' folder

akodyn
Explorer
Hello, after developing a VR app in Oculus Quest and I repurpose the app to run on Android phone instead, while the Oculus Integration is still inside Unity directory (Oculus folder), no matter what I export and modify the Android Manifest file (intent.category.DEFAULT/INFO/LAUNCHER), the app doesn't show up in application list (App Drawer) in my android phone/tablet. In the end I have to remove the entire Oculus folder and magically it appears again. So, my question is, how to have the app icon shows up and I don't have to remove Oculus Integration folder. I believe there is a parameter somewhere that hide my app that was triggered automatically while Oculus folder is still inside Unity project directory.

Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

lukass_dzalbs
Honored Guest
Hi, after long digging in Oculus package code I found this - OVRGraddleGeneration.cs Line 245 - Comment this line: OVRManifestPreprocessor.PatchAndroidManifest(file, enableSecurity: patchedSecurityConfig);
Should work. Just remember to uncomment it after apk build.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

davidisak
Honored Guest
Hi! Did you find any solution to this? I am having the same issue.

lukass_dzalbs
Honored Guest
Hi, after long digging in Oculus package code I found this - OVRGraddleGeneration.cs Line 245 - Comment this line: OVRManifestPreprocessor.PatchAndroidManifest(file, enableSecurity: patchedSecurityConfig);
Should work. Just remember to uncomment it after apk build.

davidisak
Honored Guest
That worked! Thanks, that saved me a lot of time! 🙂