[DEMO V2.0] Oculus Maximus

8bit
Protege
Oculus Maximus - The Ultimate Gladiator Experience

Demo version 2 is available
(Fight with 2 swords like Spartacus!)
http://www.raginggoat.com/download

Hello Jammers,
Here is a video and a link to the demo we submitted for the jam.
Special thanks to RCMPMARUDER for providing sounds and vocals.

Enjoy the game.

Screenshots

Gameplay Video

Downloadable Demo
*** Requires Razer Hydra ***
Runs at 60 FPS with i7 and GTX 660 Ti. Lesser systems may not be playable.

Demo version 2.0
http://www.raginggoat.com/download

Below is link to first demo submitted for VR jam
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18313052/OculusMaximusDemo.zip
145 REPLIES 145

chrisashtear
Honored Guest
"8bit" wrote:
"raidho36" wrote:
There should be a way to change your weapons in mid-game.

I've started with double-swords just for the heck of it, I sucked miserably at utilizing my other sword and after I die the game puts me back to the gate, but doesn't lets me choose different weapons.

You're just going to have to get better!
JK, in a full game we would definitely have this. We just need to create a dynamic weapon handling system that works properly with our rigid body physics system. That's one of the first things we'll be doing after we successfully get kick started.

I couldnt get the previous demo to work so i was very excited to get this one going. Played it for hours, and my arms are a bit sore now! Im loving it. Im not sure if the shield&sword enemy groups are shorter than double sword, but w shield/sword i didnt get any guys with helms. maybe there was someone that got stuck in the wall, i saw that happen once. Im really happy that i can underarm stab these guys cus its damned effective.

Maybe with the dynamic weapon systems you could do stuff like throwing spears. Or slings/bows for that matter. Looking forward to your next release. Good work!

Tagera
Honored Guest
I would like to see spears or tridents. Slings and bows weren't normally used except for large events and those were rare. Anyways, the whole point of the arena wasn't really for death. Mostly entertainment, gladiators rarely died and had access to way better health care then most Roman citizens with the exception of the wealthy, and the army of course.

Turdous
Honored Guest
my razer hydras wont connect to oculus maximus i've check what games it can connect to but it didn't say oculus maximus and i really wanna play this game so can anyone help?

eelkin2000
Honored Guest
@Turdous:
Did you copy and unzip the scripts from UnzipThisAtInstallRoot.zip to your install dir? Running the scripts contained in the zip file will place appropriate hydra dlls to OculusMaximus2_B1\Binaries\Win32\UserCode directory. Check to see if you see sixense.dll in there. If you do not see that you might of not run the script or placed them in the wrong directory.

Turdous
Honored Guest
I SEE IT, AM I SUPPOSED TO RUN THE SIXENSE.DLL WITH SOMETHING?

SORRY FOR THE LATE REPLY

TalonAxe
Honored Guest
Very disappointed there's no keyboard support. Hopefully you will add it later on, seeing as how I just spent 300 on the oculus and I don't want to spend another 500 on gaming controllers.

Turdous
Honored Guest
im still having problems i cant move my arms with the razer hydras i have

kokutouchichi
Honored Guest
"TalonAxe" wrote:
Very disappointed there's no keyboard support. Hopefully you will add it later on, seeing as how I just spent 300 on the oculus and I don't want to spend another 500 on gaming controllers.

You can use the xbox controller to still move around, and at the very least enter the arena. Though your arms are crossed the whole time LOL... I can't fathom why they don't let simple attack and block mechanics ala skyrim into this game using a controller. Hydra is hard enough to come by as it is! The feeling of standing in the arena when they call out your name is so awesome too...such a shame...such a shame...

zarthcode
Honored Guest
I know this thread has been dead awhile, but I gotta say...

THIS IS ONE AWESOME DEMO!!!!

Now with that out of the way, I expecting sixsense support ;-). Hopefully you guys get this onto steam, it deserves all the support it can get. Great Job!

8bit
Protege
"zarthcode" wrote:
I know this thread has been dead awhile, but I gotta say...

THIS IS ONE AWESOME DEMO!!!!

Now with that out of the way, I expecting sixsense support ;-). Hopefully you guys get this onto steam, it deserves all the support it can get. Great Job!

We are honored by your awesome.
The KickStarter should be ready by end of this month.

Tell all your friends! 😄