cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas about quest2 input

tycz1689
Level 2

Since we can use the camera to detect the hands and virtual a hand, why can't we virtual a 1:1 keyboard. If this virtual keyboard interacts with our hands, we can input a lot of text anytime and anywhere

2 REPLIES 2

manu_vrnerds
Level 2

Yes I understand your frustration, I've been waiting for this feature for a long time, too. It's available now with the new Logitech keyboard, have you seen the latest blog update? 

https://www.oculus.com/blog/introducing-oculus-air-link-a-wireless-way-to-play-pc-vr-games-on-oculus...

I hope in the far future we don't need any keyboards anymore, at all. Typing is nice but I think brain interfaces and voice will make the run in younger generations. With touch interfaces used by the majority of people, also on a global scale, keyboards will slowly die imo. Also keyboards have a fixed physical position, you can't interact with it and look around in 360° at the same time. You'd need a frame that holds the keyboard attached to your belly. 😄

vastness
Level 3

Hey tycz1689,
The keyboard is bluetooth and talks to the headset. 
The passthrough just allows you to see the keyboard and overlays the keys in VR.
Then I think you can turn off the pass though.

Just watched the video above. Very cool