cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Developer Forum - Accessibility Development

MariKyle_Oculus
Level 2

Hi there! Welcome to our discussion forum focused on accessible design in VR. Over the years we’ve been reading and learning from the Oculus developer and customer community about your needs in terms of accessible and inclusive content on the Oculus platform. We’ve created this forum discussion as a home for all developer conversations around accessibility.

Here, you can post your ideas, share your challenges, detail your needs, ask for feedback, and find others to test your applications and features.

We encourage all developers to create inclusive and accessible applications and try different things when it comes to building VR applications. We are still in the early days of building standards for accessible VR and are thrilled to see our developers implement interesting ideas and challenge themselves to solve difficult problems.

We at Oculus are excited to explore the frontier of accessible design through the inclusive VR worlds built by our community. Together, we can build VR apps that everyone can experience equally. 

Check out some of the resources below to learn more!

12 REPLIES 12

alejandrocastan
Level 3
Hi Everyone,
I know that this device would be another Quest controller option but I would like to ask you what is your idea about the new Next-Mind device?  
More info here :
https://youtu.be/SMXfyZc_Gvg
I think it could be good for people with limited mobility but my doubt is the following:
Is the right time to develop for Quest with this device?
Thanks for your time
Alejandro

Hi Dom

Maybe Next-Mind can help people with health problems by interacting VR controllers.

Please see this review https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrlE1GaZmJY&feature=youtu.be .

Hope this helps you

Regards

Alejandro

Ps. We are very excited to integrate it soon into our VR Health project !!!

Hi Rod, I work for a UK charity for sports injured quadriplegics (Regain Sports Charity) we are looking a providing our beneficiaries with Oculus Quest headsets but are aware of the limitations of the touch controllers. How far have you got developing your chin/sip/puff device? Have you seen Quadstick? I'd be interested to run a few things passed you! I have managed to pair the Oculus to Xbox Adaptive controller but not figured how to map functions of trigger or grab to the XAC! Any ideas welcomed? Cheers,