cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

These features and enhancements will become available starting the week of August 8th, 2022.

Meta Accounts

We’ll begin rolling out a new Meta account structure in August 2022 that gives people more flexibility and control in VR. You’ll no longer be required to log into your Meta VR devices with a Facebook account. This also means:

• We’re also evolving your Oculus profile to a new Meta Horizon profile, which you can customize as you see fit.
  • Your “Friends” will now become “Followers,” similar to Instagram’s existing model.
  • You’ll have the option to add your Facebook and/or Instagram account to the same Accounts Center as your Meta account, which unlocks connected experiences in VR.
  • We’re rolling out new controls to help you more easily manage your privacy settings.

Meta Quest Guide

We are rolling out the Meta Quest Guide. Now users can:

• Watch device and feature tutorials
  • Check out what's new in our latest Meta Quest software release notes
  • Find answers to top questions and get troubleshooting tips to fix problems

Note, this will be rolling out to users gradually over time.

63 Comments
SwooshStackz
Protege

v44 release to do list…

After Lock, add Hide, or something similar, and Show Hidden or All after See more apps. v44 done!

don’t let me down…

ClickB00M
Protege

Patience.  It's a roll out.  Just like all rhe other updates.  Just because you haven't received it yet doesn't mean you won't get it.  Everyone will get it overtime.  Meta are not going to rush it to your headset just because you want it now.  I got the notification yesterday in the UK when I opened the mobile app.

ClickB00M
Protege

Screenshot_20220824-115724_Oculus.png

That's not entirely true.  This is a screen shot from my Oculus app yesterday.  Which gives me the choice of a FB account or not.  I live in the UK and maybe your roll-out is different from mine.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

I got a small v43 update on my pc desktop app today (v43.0.0.196.173).  I cannot see any differences with my Q2/rtx3090 using Air Link.  I did notice an added account tab management option to add/change other addons like Facebook or Instagram.  I unlinked my Facebook account when I did the Oculus/Meta migration but I may link it again in the future if I think it's worthwhile.  Still nice to have the option imho.  Cheers.

Also, my Q2 home quick setting/settings has a new Meta accounts panel (bottom right) to do the same thing.  I have not seen the Meta Quest Guide yet though.  Still, all standalone and PCVR with Air Link seems to work fine.

TegridySteve
Honored Guest

Link with Quest 2 is jank now, the dock and whiteroom environment jitters and pulses around with my subtle head movements. Haven't had motion sickness in VR before updating today and trying to play some PCVR.

Kalennienna
Explorer

Wish you would have either left it alone or test drove it first.... this is a hot mess and you all should have been prepared for this. Can't even use my headset now..... last time I trust any of you all. 

SwooshStackz
Protege

Phone should not be required, unless

passthrough phone, and what influenced

the App Library move and Dark only

themes? now that’s definitely changing the

subject…

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Maybe it was me experiencing some random hiccup, but got another v43 update the other day, and the USB3 port that died just after getting the first v43 update is working again. 

In short - I got two v43 updates, after the first one an USB3 port malfunctioned (coincidence? It worked just before the update and had been working for years), but now everything works perfectly again. 

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

@RuneSR2 wrote:

Maybe it was me experiencing some random hiccup, but got another v43 update the other day, and the USB3 port that died just after getting the first v43 update is working again. 

In short - I got two v43 updates, after the first one an USB3 port malfunctioned (coincidence? It worked just before the update and had been working for years), but now everything works perfectly again. 

Ya, as I mentioned a few posts earlier I also got a short v43 update.  Maybe I should have said a short 2nd v43 update.  Anyway, actually both worked fine (everything in the green usb3 connected) with my good old Rift cv1, even with my old Alienware 17r4 laptop with a gtx1060 6 Gb gpu (now my home office pc).  This is also with my newly migrated Oculus to Meta account, now without my Facebook account Linked to it (for now at least). 

Still nice to fire up the old cv1 once in a while, lol!

NomadsAnIsland
Heroic Explorer

V43 continues to have connection problems with Link and Air Link. It loses connection if the headset has been sleeping for extended (2+ hours) or after disabling Link/Air Link to return to the headset .Restarting the headset or the ovrservice on Windows is often required to reconnect. If the cable is connect sometimes toggling between cable and Air will reconnect.

I recently noticed that when I disable Link to return to the headset that the Oculus desktop program will close and restart. I didn't notice this behavior in earlier versions but certainly the connection is lost until the program is restarted. This may be the cause of the lost connection.

Kalennienna
Explorer

I did not want "more flexibility and control" ...  just wanted my VR headset to continue working... like it was. Before I fell for the con "transfer to Meta... it'll be great.. it's easy... just swallow this." Now all I want is to go back before I ever heard of Meta.... when my headset still worked. 

ClickB00M
Protege

Maybe other user's did?  Meta didn't make the hmd just for you.

Puglord131_YT
Honored Guest

when are you going to fix the signing glitch apparently it started happening in August and I haven’t been able to sign in for three weeks now