cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Oculus Forums Feedback Thread

ShowbizDonkey
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

Hello everyone! Welcome to the new Oculus forums! As I mentioned in my announcement post, I’d like this thread to serve as a place “forums feedback”. Please let us know how you’re finding the new platform, what is or isn’t working well for you, or what you think could be even better. If you have questions about the new platform, please leave those as well. I may not be able to answer everything, but I’ll try to jump in where I can!

So… what do you think?

341 REPLIES 341

DaftnDirect
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

It didn't work for me the first time after accepting the cookies, but second and third revisits have been fine.

Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v21H1 (19043.1348)

Moral of the story... eat more cookies??

Spoiler

leahbrooks
Level 3

Hii, i`m new. Everything seems ok for now)😉

LapinFou14
Level 4

In my case I does work for 1 day as long I don't close Firefox or shutdown my laptop.

Anyway still much much better than login dozen times everyday. 😁

nalex66
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

@nalex66 wrote:

Just came back a few hours later, and had to log in again. So for me, accepting the cookie did not solve the problem.

I haven't had to log in again on my work PC for the past three days, so it seems that accepting the cookie did work. Still don't have a way to do it on my iPad, though.

i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, 3x Samsung Evo 1TB | Startech PCIe 4x USB 3.0 | Startech PCIe 2x USB C 3.1 gen2

DaftnDirect
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

This may sound stupid but have you tried your ipad in portrait mode?

I just looked at my android tablet again and the Oculus site in portrait shows just enough of the orange banner to click on the accept button!

I think ipads are a bit squarer.

Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v21H1 (19043.1348)

nalex66
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

Portrait mode didn’t quite get the button in view, but it was the right idea—I was able to make an even narrower screen using multi-tasking, and that did the trick to allow me to click Accept.

i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, 3x Samsung Evo 1TB | Startech PCIe 4x USB 3.0 | Startech PCIe 2x USB C 3.1 gen2

DaftnDirect
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

Looks like the cookie acceptor has been recoded, it showed up as a blue button properly on my tablet this morning.

This must be a phone thing, along with the white space on the sides. Khoros must design their forums primarily for phones so portrait gets priority design consideration.

TodAufDerFlutch
Level 4

Man Windows 11 is shipping to most computers with no support from Oculus and here they are wasting time updating something which 90% of people don't even care about.

Oculus_RyanS
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

Hey @TodAufDerFlutch, the team is working on getting Windows 11 support certified and we'll be letting everyone know as soon as it's ready to go. I assure you, the team working on Oculus software is a very different team from the folks that manage the community, with no overlap in duties.