cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PTC for Quest v.35

Oculus_RyanS
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

The Public Test Channel (PTC) for Quest and Quest 2 v35 is available, let's use this thread for collecting feedback on it. Share your impressions, and let us know if you see any issues. Please make sure to also send in bug reports as well if you notice anything.

When release notes for v35 are ready to share, I'll update this post with them. Also, if any known issues appear, I'll add them here as well with troubleshooting steps if needed.

5 REPLIES 5

nalex66
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

One thing I noticed last night about v35--they've made the browser hard to find. I'm pretty sure it used to be in a row of buttons across the top of the apps window, but I wanted to quickly look something up and I could find no sign of it. I eventually changed my app filter to Oculus Apps, and found that there is an app tile for it. That now seems to be the only way to access it. Not a great improvement, in my opinion.

i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, 3x Samsung Evo 1TB | Startech PCIe 4x USB 3.0 | Startech PCIe 2x USB C 3.1 gen2

PainTitan
Level 2

The few apps pinned to the top explore, browser, tv, social, and something else. When are we going to see improvements to the library like showing installed apps on default or remembering how we sort the library or letting up pin certain apps so they always appear at the top and also let us hide apps we don’t use or remove free apps like demos when we don’t want them. 

TomCgcmfc
Level 15

Copied over from the generic how to PTC thread;

I updated my Q2 to v35ptc a couple of days ago. Easy to do with Ryan's very good instructions. It's great that Ryan has now opened this thread to public posting. I hope that only actual users of the Quest PTC use this thread for discussion purposes (not rants). It's not clear to me whether or not Q1 users can also enrol into this ptc program? I've loaned my Q1 (and official link cable) to a flight sim mate and he's very happy with it using xp11 and af fs2. So, I doubt I'll ever see it again, lol! I did pickup a new Link cable as a backup for Air Link (which I'm now mainly using) while AL is still experimental. I got the new VR Cover 5m premium link cable and it works very well.

It probably gets a bit confusing as to whether someone is talking about the Quest v## versus the Oculus desktop app v##. I may try to call them something like Qv35ptc and PCv35ptc to help differentiate these.

I haven't noticed very many differences so far with Qv35ptc. A new Accounts settings panel that I guess makes it easier to setup multiple accounts sharing. I have not seen any cloud save features yet. I think that these are intended to show up in a Files app. Maybe these will be added soon since it would be nice to be able to save game settings/saves, esp. if a factory reset is ever necessary. I seem to need to do a factory reset with my Q2 every 2-3 months, lol!

My stationary guardian and double-tap passthrough with Qv35ptc seems to work fine, without any gridlines. The blue (default) floor circle seems to pop up a little more than it used to. Not sure why? Seems to happen if one of my controllers is out of view of my headset for a short period of time.

Also noticed with Link and Air Link that pass though works fine again, without scaling problems with previous Qv34 and PCv34.

I'm now on PCv35ptc on my Oculus PC desktop app btw mainly because PCv34 final has re-introduced shutdown problems with X Plane 11, while PCv35ptc shuts it down fine.

It would be nice if Ryan could list Qv35ptc and PCv35ptc release notes and maybe what's planned for additional updates to this. I understand that Oculus is planning on making both v35 versions (Q and PC) final before year end.

9 9900k, rtx3090, 32 Gb ram, 1tb ssd, 4tb hdd. xi hero wifi mb, 750w psu, Q2 w/Air Link, Vive Pro

TomCgcmfc
Level 15

I got a small PTC v35 update today on my Q2.  I did not notice any changes in performance but I did notice a Cloud Sync function with the Oculus File app now can be enabled, and I enabled it.  I'm not sure what exactly this is supposed to do but I imagine it will help save game data if you ever need to do a factory reset.  I think it may have been there since v32 for photos but I never tried it.   Always hard to tell what's changed without any release notes, lol!

9 9900k, rtx3090, 32 Gb ram, 1tb ssd, 4tb hdd. xi hero wifi mb, 750w psu, Q2 w/Air Link, Vive Pro

bberger
Level 2

Is there something like a changelog? It would help tremendously to test out new / altered features and behaviour and creating quality bug reports..