cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PTC for Quest v.37

Oculus_RyanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Public Test Channel (PTC) for Quest and Quest 2 v.37 is starting to roll out, let's use this thread for collecting feedback on it. Share your impressions, and let us know if you see any issues. Please make sure to also send in bug reports as well if you notice anything.

If there are release notes to share ahead of time, I'll update this post with them. Also, if any known issues appear, I'll add them here as well with troubleshooting steps if needed.

Help others find great discussions and answers by adding kudos and marking solutions to your questions.
58 REPLIES 58

TomCgcmfc
Level 15

Thanks, I have not seen the v37 PTC rollout on my Q2 yet but I already have the Oculus PC desktop app at v37 PTC, which I assume you should use with this.  I'll let you know what I think as soon as I get the v37 PTC version on my Q2.  Cheers.

i9 9900k, rtx3090, 32 Gb ram, 1tb ssd, 4tb hdd. xi hero wifi mb, 750w psu, Q2 w/Air Link, Vive Pro

MystaMagoo
Level 7

@TomCgcmfc 

Do you get the black flickering desktop panel with your 3 series card?

Fix is turning HDR off in win10.

Can you check if they fixed it or its still a problem?

HDR didn't/doesn't cause a problem with my GTX cards so.....

Antec Quattro ~ Asrock Taichi X399 ~ Threadripper 1920X ~ 32gb 3200mhz GSkill ~ RTX3060ti ~ m.2 970evo

@MystaMagoo  My monitor is not HDR certified so I can’t enable it with win10 settings.  Maybe just as well since there seems to be numerous posts on this forum and Reddit about HDR causing a lot of problems with PCVR.

i9 9900k, rtx3090, 32 Gb ram, 1tb ssd, 4tb hdd. xi hero wifi mb, 750w psu, Q2 w/Air Link, Vive Pro

@TomCgcmfc wrote:

@MystaMagoo  My monitor is not HDR certified so I can’t enable it with win10 settings.  Maybe just as well since there seems to be numerous posts on this forum and Reddit about HDR causing a lot of problems with PCVR.

This is 1st I hear about HDR being the fix/problem.

Didn't have problem with GTX1080 and TV was HDR enabled then so maybe it's these 3 series cards or the RTX family.

Antec Quattro ~ Asrock Taichi X399 ~ Threadripper 1920X ~ 32gb 3200mhz GSkill ~ RTX3060ti ~ m.2 970evo

alzahhar3
Level 3

Where can we find notes or any indication to what's new/fixed in the nee PTC updates?

Sphar-Kee
Level 3

"SystemUX keeps stopping" error message.

I get this message everytime i open the "Personalization\Virtual Environment tab.. Specifically when i try to click an environment or scroll down. I tried about 5 times, 2 of which required me to restart the headset (stuck on the three dots).

other than this, no problems.. the only change i have seen so far is that "Adjust Height" has moved to Accessibility/Mobility options.. Anything else new?. What happened to v.36?

@Oculus_RyanS wrote:

The Public Test Channel (PTC) for Quest and Quest 2 v.37 is starting to roll out, let's use this thread for collecting feedback on it. Share your impressions, and let us know if you see any issues. Please make sure to also send in bug reports as well if y

Same "SystemUX keeps stopping" error message when I try to use Personalization / Virtual environment tab

@barcalaci84  @Sphar-Kee   I just got v37ptc on my Q2 today and I did not see this Error message when I went into Personalisation/Virtual tab.  I tried switching to a few different environments without any problems.  I also tried this with 120Hz experimental and it worked fine.  I normally just stick with 120Hz disabled because I don't see any improvements with 120Hz, just shorter battery life and my Q2 headset is a bit warmer (but not hot).

I also tried Air Link with Oculus PC desktop app on v37ptc and all the Oculus, Steam, and VivePort games worked fine.  

Overall, I have not seen any significant difference so far.  Seems nice and stable, that's the main thing.

Like many updates (and this one includes a firmware update, including controllers) I often find it useful to get rid of Guardian history and re-do it after a restart.  Also, sometimes takes a few restarts for some features to appear.

It will be useful to see some release notes for both Quest and PC app v37ptc.

Edit;  win10 and nvidia 497.29 driver.

Everything else is working fine and stable. And I found out that my installed (not applied) custom home environment (city 17 ) caused the issue ("SystemUX keeps stopping")... I uninstalled it and Ican use the virtual environment tab as usual... No crash.