cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PTC for Quest v.39 Megathread

Oculus_RyanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Public Test Channel (PTC) for Quest and Quest 2 v.39 is starting to roll out today. Let's use this thread for collecting feedback on it. Share your impressions and let us know if you see any issues. Please make sure to also send in bug reports along with posting here if you notice anything wrong.

When sharing feedback, try to include as much detail as possible to help the team investigate.

Help others find great discussions and answers by adding kudos and marking solutions to your questions.
198 REPLIES 198

BubblzZz
Level 4

Any news on what's new? PC software also updated to 39.0.0.51.369. Are there release notes?

Nebouxii
Level 3

Got v 39 on both headset and app. Headset updated the controllers then rebooted. I see the logo, 3 dots, controllers and have sound, but no menu. Everything else is black. Rebooting didn't resolve the issue. Only thing of note is I had Guardian disabled before updating. 

Edit: Factory rest. On version 39.0.0.56 Run Time 39.0.0.67. Peachy so far

CactusCowboy
Level 6

Is Link compatible with Windows 11 now? No release notes here.

revanmj
Level 3

Got some "not responding guardian" errors after update. Gone after I choose option to kill it instead of waiting.

Also got "Driver update required" notice on PC, first time since I got Quest 2 a year back 🙂

EDIT: Also, update reset home environment and reset my night mode settinfs (turned it off and reset intensity level).

AMD Ryzen 3600, 32 GB RAM, GeForce 3060 Ti, Windows 10 x64

lance.mccary
Level 7

Can you respond to any of the numerous app sharing error posts?

LameDuckWarrior
Level 7

I now have v39 on both the headset and PC app.

Of course incompatibility with Win 11.

Now there are two instances of PCVR in Airlink.

"Airlink PC"

Connected

"Airlink PC (1) 

Not Connected

LetoDK
Level 3

Re: Space Sense
I still find the current implementation of Space Sense to be totally useless, even with the new setting, because I almost always my guardian slightly overlapping with something, e.g. the corner of my bean bag, my small backpack, my shoes etc, in the edge of my guardian. If I were to make my guardian small enough to not overlap with anything, then I wouldn't be able to move.

Currently, Space Sense is simply constantly active for me, because of aforementioned small stationary objects.
Also, I would like to use Space Sense to know if somebody is entering the room (outside of my guardian.
Lastly, the new distance settings are in imperial units. We don't use feet and other body parts as measuring units where I live.

Wish
1) Make Space Sense ignore stationary objects.
2) Make Space Sense be activated by moving objects outside the guardian zone, as well.
3) Make Space Sense settings in metric

This is precisely what I envisioned when they first announced it.

I certainly don't need a reminder the back of a chair is there.

Just let me know if you detect movement within my drawn area.

The sharing team is looking into that one right now. We'll try to merge the threads together and get a message up in there. Thanks for the reminder!

Help others find great discussions and answers by adding kudos and marking solutions to your questions.