cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PTC for Quest v.39 Megathread

Oculus_RyanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Public Test Channel (PTC) for Quest and Quest 2 v.39 is starting to roll out today. Let's use this thread for collecting feedback on it. Share your impressions and let us know if you see any issues. Please make sure to also send in bug reports along with posting here if you notice anything wrong.

When sharing feedback, try to include as much detail as possible to help the team investigate.

Help others find great discussions and answers by adding kudos and marking solutions to your questions.
198 REPLIES 198

I have all the options for it while connected to the pc using my usb 3.0 connection.1111.png

I am at version: 39,0,0,88,336,363807235

runtime version: 39,0,0,100,369,363650567

Software update: 26242800497100000

edit: Even after connecting through air link, I still have the 120Hz option enabled.

Well lucky you ! Same version than you and unfortunatelly someone of us are touched by this issue....

Decree17
Level 3

A lot of us cannot use native apps at a different refresh rate other than 72 hz. Changing the refresh rate does nothing. It's a known issue and continuing to attempt to diagnose the problem is pointless. This requires a fix from the tech team.

Nice, just got version 39,0,0,88,336,363807235. So far I can't see any difference. is the multiple windows feature no longer available in the Oculus browser? or am I missing something? 🙄

BoriseHo
Level 2

Does v39 have ended PTC? Has it turned into a full official release?

The phrase at the beginning of the other article "Quest build v39 release notes" is still "These features and enhancements will be rolling out soon."?

CONSPIR4CY
Level 4

We desperately need a hotfix for the missing refresh rate because even CV1 was 90hz and we're stuck on 72hz which makes u sick so please if v40 will take a month or more give us a hotfix sooner. This is happening with brand new oculus quest 2 from amazon.

https://twitter.com/ID_AA_Carmack/status/1518979617238839296?s=20&t=0NGsEFyUvKuPJNt2TL4Ubw

Screenshot_2.jpg

Hey BoriseHo! The v39 update is out for everyone not enrolled in the PTC as well! 

If you are having troubles getting the update on your device, please send us a private message and we can provide you with troubleshooting steps to get the v39 update on your headset! Please click here https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport or on our name to get to our profile page, then click "Send a Message" to privately contact us. Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

You are not helping us by saying that everything will be fixed soon. Make us at least one commercial gesture. This isn't the first time we've had problems with an update

TrueImmersion
Level 2

DEVELOPER QUESTION (Quest and Quest 2):

Has anyone encountered any issues when launching 'unknown source' applications created in Unity? Almost all of the Unity applications I have been working on (as standalone apps for the Quest and Quest 2), are no longer executing. Once launched, they hang in the menu, and never execute. I'm looking to showcase standalone VR apps this weekend, and now most of them are not working at the moment, which is a considerable inconvenience. 

I'm looking to port them to a later version of Unity, and update the XR Management Oculus Modules (plus integration package), and will post an update if this fixes the issue. 

I have noticed that our older builds with sizes bigger 2gb are not working. Older builds with size smaller 2gb do though. 
New builds with latest Unity LTS and XR Plugins are working regardless of size.