cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Public Test Channel (PTC) for Quest and Quest 2 v.39 is starting to roll out today. Let's use this thread for collecting feedback on it. Share your impressions and let us know if you see any issues. Please make sure to also send in bug reports along with posting here if you notice anything wrong.

When sharing feedback, try to include as much detail as possible to help the team investigate.

198 Comments
Pitoupi
Protege

Awesome ! But is the option experimental 120hz came back on the settings ? I still have the issue

BadBoys_HSSIXTY
Protege

On 25 March, I received the update to version 39.0.0.56.369 via the PTC. All my apps disappeared. This has now been fixed. I was also removed from the PTC. I now notice that I can't open multiple windows in the browser.
Has anyone who also has version 9.0.0.56.369 and was removed from the PTC already received an update to a higher version?
Nothing has happened to me for over a month now.

CONSPIR4CY
Explorer

Got a brand new oculus quest 2 updated everything to the latest v39 and there is no option for 80hz 90hz 120hz the only option there is 72hz tried link with a supported cable tried beta nothing worked. i was so excited to try vr racing now im regretting buying this.

jfeelders
Explorer

I never had the problem with the HMD being only @72Hz. My Oculus software shows all 4 frequencies. I'm on Win10. Maybe a Win11-problem?

CONSPIR4CY
Explorer

Windows 10 here and i just bought it. This is ridiculous.

Pitoupi
Protege

Take a look. I can't change nothing. 
Capture d’écran (1).png

Pitoupi
Protege

Don't regret. It is a great headset but the last update is broken 

Pitoupi
Protege

I'm on Win10 but do you know you can have the 120h frequency on your headset ? 

CONSPIR4CY
Explorer

It just sucks that I just got it today and I can't even play because 72hz is way too low and God knows how long its going to take Them to fix this major bug since it seems like not everybody having this issue.

jfeelders
Explorer

You have 'Automatic' enabled. First disable Automatic then you can slect your own frequency and resolution.

Pitoupi
Protege

Already done ! No changes

CONSPIR4CY
Explorer

i already have the automatic render resolution disabled no change.

CONSPIR4CY
Explorer

Screenshot_1.jpg

Decree17
Explorer

It's an issue they're aware of and I've been told an update is coming soon to address it. Perhaps v40 PTC? (missing refresh rates)

Pitoupi
Protege

It will take a long time. Maybe June

jfeelders
Explorer

How is the HMD connected? Airlink? Cable? Mine is connected with an USB3.1 gen1 cable.

Pitoupi
Protege

Mine from Virtual Desktop

Daws-ITA
Expert Protege

To restore refresh rate not available, try to log off and login again in the desktop app. 

Pitoupi
Protege

I tried it but no...i think it comes not from the PC app but from the headset. My girlfriend has a headset too and i checked that there's no problem with, even by PC app. 

rodrigo.negri.83
Explorer

I have all the options for it while connected to the pc using my usb 3.0 connection.1111.png

I am at version: 39,0,0,88,336,363807235

runtime version: 39,0,0,100,369,363650567

Software update: 26242800497100000

edit: Even after connecting through air link, I still have the 120Hz option enabled.

Pitoupi
Protege

Well lucky you ! Same version than you and unfortunatelly someone of us are touched by this issue....

Decree17
Explorer

A lot of us cannot use native apps at a different refresh rate other than 72 hz. Changing the refresh rate does nothing. It's a known issue and continuing to attempt to diagnose the problem is pointless. This requires a fix from the tech team.

BadBoys_HSSIXTY
Protege

Nice, just got version 39,0,0,88,336,363807235. So far I can't see any difference. is the multiple windows feature no longer available in the Oculus browser? or am I missing something? 🙄

Borise_JUMP
Explorer

Does v39 have ended PTC? Has it turned into a full official release?

The phrase at the beginning of the other article "Quest build v39 release notes" is still "These features and enhancements will be rolling out soon."?

CONSPIR4CY
Explorer

We desperately need a hotfix for the missing refresh rate because even CV1 was 90hz and we're stuck on 72hz which makes u sick so please if v40 will take a month or more give us a hotfix sooner. This is happening with brand new oculus quest 2 from amazon.

https://twitter.com/ID_AA_Carmack/status/1518979617238839296?s=20&t=0NGsEFyUvKuPJNt2TL4Ubw

Screenshot_2.jpg

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey BoriseHo! The v39 update is out for everyone not enrolled in the PTC as well! 

If you are having troubles getting the update on your device, please send us a private message and we can provide you with troubleshooting steps to get the v39 update on your headset! Please click here https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport or on our name to get to our profile page, then click "Send a Message" to privately contact us. Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

Pitoupi
Protege

You are not helping us by saying that everything will be fixed soon. Make us at least one commercial gesture. This isn't the first time we've had problems with an update

TrueImmersion
Honored Guest

DEVELOPER QUESTION (Quest and Quest 2):

Has anyone encountered any issues when launching 'unknown source' applications created in Unity? Almost all of the Unity applications I have been working on (as standalone apps for the Quest and Quest 2), are no longer executing. Once launched, they hang in the menu, and never execute. I'm looking to showcase standalone VR apps this weekend, and now most of them are not working at the moment, which is a considerable inconvenience. 

I'm looking to port them to a later version of Unity, and update the XR Management Oculus Modules (plus integration package), and will post an update if this fixes the issue. 

LivingBrain-Till
Honored Guest

I have noticed that our older builds with sizes bigger 2gb are not working. Older builds with size smaller 2gb do though. 
New builds with latest Unity LTS and XR Plugins are working regardless of size.

jfeelders
Explorer

For testing and informational purposes: how do I recognize the < or > 2GB versions?

LivingBrain-Till
Honored Guest

With 2GB i meant file size. So literally just the size of the apk

Trucabulles
Protege

Oculus 39.0.0.65.369 (39.0.0.65.369) seems to work fine with w11 (both USB-C link and air link). No idea if it's offical but at least it's working.

Trucabulles
Protege

well it worked perfectly fine in W11 with v39 and the quest in V38. updated the quest, should not have, nothing's working again...

john.79
Explorer

So i have an issue with v39 where all my app bar has gone zoomed in by 2x larger than before update. it is massive fills the screen for me yet my sons one has same update and has no issues like mine that we have found up till now

jose1208
Honored Guest
try with virtual destop, I launched steam and it marks 90 mhz and I think it's fine it seems to me that it works at 90 mhz, I put everything to the maximum in virtual destop

Decree17
Explorer

Good news for those of us that were missing refresh rates. v40 PTC fixed the issue for me and can now see other refresh rates including 120 hz in experimental.

Andis3D
Protege

For me, the V40 fixed the black screen at boot and the missing refresh rates!

...but i´m not in the PTC (full since the disaster), i flash it with sideload, made factory reset and all working.

Yshtola
Honored Guest

Same thing on my end, had to reset and lost PTC access and now I am unable to rejoin 😕 
Hopefully they let us back in sometime in the future 🙂

Andis3D
Protege

No, i never want to go back in PTC, because now it´s working. 🤣

I flashed it (with ADB) and now "never touch a running system". 😉

Oh, after reading forum rules, this should be allowed.....here the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIZGoDyv7c8&ab_channel=OPENPCreviews 

...firmware is in the description and one note: look, what your quest do, before you put the firmware in the "tool" (drag and drop the zip in the window and press enter), the quest will be reboot in sideload mode (you see it in your quest), wait for your quest and THEN start flashing.

After that you see some options, you can scroll with volume buttons and enter with on/off button, i also do a wipe data/factory reset there, before reboot.

CONSPIR4CY
Explorer

I just wanna say u are my hero! finally, i have 90hz and 120hz you just made my day since i bought the headset i was stuck on 72hz it really sucked lol thank you. 

sofakng
Honored Guest

Thanks so much for the help!  I was able to sideload v40 firmware and now the 120 Hz option is back on the Quest 2 in standalone.

However, the Oculus desktop app only shows 72 Hz still.  Do I need an updated desktop client for v40 as well?  (re: airlink, etc)

Andis3D
Protege

That´s nice, that this help some.....my desktop app is on PTC, this is no problem for me, because i can rollback everytime.😉

sofakng
Honored Guest

I've enabled Beta for the desktop app but I still only see 72 Hz.

Can you confirm the desktop app version for the PTC/beta?

jfeelders
Explorer

I already received v40 desktop app last weekend while my Quest2 app is still v39.

jose1208
Honored Guest
I solved it by uninstalling the oculus software from the pc and downloading it again from oculus, and when I finished everything was fine, try it if it works
Andis3D
Protege

when you put desktop app to beta, the update starts.

after flashing, have you "wipe data/factory reset", like i did ?

EDIT: ah, i see you solved it in V40 Megathread.

jose1208
Honored Guest

thanks for the video it has been a great help, I recommend that you follow it it is simple and your glasses are not in danger if you follow it to the letter

nate.biddle
Honored Guest

Hi, do release notes get released before the date of the release, on the date, or after it?  For instance, the 4/11 release had an android update that broke many developers' applications (as a result of the way serial numbers and the associated permissions are used); being able to get ahead of updates would be very useful, would be a better experience as a customer, and would make Meta Support's life easier in addition to everyone else's.