cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PTC for Quest v.39 Megathread

Oculus_RyanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Public Test Channel (PTC) for Quest and Quest 2 v.39 is starting to roll out today. Let's use this thread for collecting feedback on it. Share your impressions and let us know if you see any issues. Please make sure to also send in bug reports along with posting here if you notice anything wrong.

When sharing feedback, try to include as much detail as possible to help the team investigate.

Help others find great discussions and answers by adding kudos and marking solutions to your questions.
198 REPLIES 198

jfeelders
Level 3

For testing and informational purposes: how do I recognize the < or > 2GB versions?

With 2GB i meant file size. So literally just the size of the apk

Oculus 39.0.0.65.369 (39.0.0.65.369) seems to work fine with w11 (both USB-C link and air link). No idea if it's offical but at least it's working.

well it worked perfectly fine in W11 with v39 and the quest in V38. updated the quest, should not have, nothing's working again...

john.79
Level 2

So i have an issue with v39 where all my app bar has gone zoomed in by 2x larger than before update. it is massive fills the screen for me yet my sons one has same update and has no issues like mine that we have found up till now

try with virtual destop, I launched steam and it marks 90 mhz and I think it's fine it seems to me that it works at 90 mhz, I put everything to the maximum in virtual destop

Decree17
Level 3

Good news for those of us that were missing refresh rates. v40 PTC fixed the issue for me and can now see other refresh rates including 120 hz in experimental.

Andis3D
Level 4

For me, the V40 fixed the black screen at boot and the missing refresh rates!

...but i´m not in the PTC (full since the disaster), i flash it with sideload, made factory reset and all working.

Same thing on my end, had to reset and lost PTC access and now I am unable to rejoin 😕 
Hopefully they let us back in sometime in the future 🙂

Andis3D
Level 4

No, i never want to go back in PTC, because now it´s working. 🤣

I flashed it (with ADB) and now "never touch a running system". 😉

Oh, after reading forum rules, this should be allowed.....here the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIZGoDyv7c8&ab_channel=OPENPCreviews 

...firmware is in the description and one note: look, what your quest do, before you put the firmware in the "tool" (drag and drop the zip in the window and press enter), the quest will be reboot in sideload mode (you see it in your quest), wait for your quest and THEN start flashing.

After that you see some options, you can scroll with volume buttons and enter with on/off button, i also do a wipe data/factory reset there, before reboot.