cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PTC for Quest v.39 Megathread

Oculus_RyanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Public Test Channel (PTC) for Quest and Quest 2 v.39 is starting to roll out today. Let's use this thread for collecting feedback on it. Share your impressions and let us know if you see any issues. Please make sure to also send in bug reports along with posting here if you notice anything wrong.

When sharing feedback, try to include as much detail as possible to help the team investigate.

Help others find great discussions and answers by adding kudos and marking solutions to your questions.
198 REPLIES 198

I just wanna say u are my hero! finally, i have 90hz and 120hz you just made my day since i bought the headset i was stuck on 72hz it really sucked lol thank you. 

sofakng
Level 2

Thanks so much for the help!  I was able to sideload v40 firmware and now the 120 Hz option is back on the Quest 2 in standalone.

However, the Oculus desktop app only shows 72 Hz still.  Do I need an updated desktop client for v40 as well?  (re: airlink, etc)

Andis3D
Level 4

That´s nice, that this help some.....my desktop app is on PTC, this is no problem for me, because i can rollback everytime.😉

I've enabled Beta for the desktop app but I still only see 72 Hz.

Can you confirm the desktop app version for the PTC/beta?

jfeelders
Level 3

I already received v40 desktop app last weekend while my Quest2 app is still v39.

I solved it by uninstalling the oculus software from the pc and downloading it again from oculus, and when I finished everything was fine, try it if it works

when you put desktop app to beta, the update starts.

after flashing, have you "wipe data/factory reset", like i did ?

EDIT: ah, i see you solved it in V40 Megathread.

thanks for the video it has been a great help, I recommend that you follow it it is simple and your glasses are not in danger if you follow it to the letter

nate.biddle
Level 2

Hi, do release notes get released before the date of the release, on the date, or after it?  For instance, the 4/11 release had an android update that broke many developers' applications (as a result of the way serial numbers and the associated permissions are used); being able to get ahead of updates would be very useful, would be a better experience as a customer, and would make Meta Support's life easier in addition to everyone else's.