cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Public Test Channel (PTC) for Quest and Quest 2 v.38 is starting to roll out today. Let's use his thread for collecting feedback on it. Share your impressions and let us know if you see any issues. Please make sure to also send in bug reports along with posting in this thread you notice anything wrong.

When sharing feedback, try to include as much detail as possible to help the team investigate.

85 Comments
TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

@Rogod  to submit a bug report just follow the link already provided in the opening post;

https://support.oculus.com/articles/contact-us/contact-us/report-a-bug-on-oculus

JP_Fr
Protege

Since the last update of the Oculus app on the computer in version 38.0.0.51.727 (38.0.0.51.727) the link doesn't work anymore even when going back to version 37 non beta. The Oculus logo appears and disappears in a loop.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

@JP_Fr  I'm still on v37 with my Q2 (I opted out of Quest beta +1 month ago) but I have not had any problems with the new Oculus desktop app PTC beta (which also just updated to 38.0.0.151.727 yesterday) using Link or Air Link. 

In the past I've noticed that if I go back and forth a few times on beta and non-beta I start to see similar problems.  The fix for me has been to download the Oculus desktop app software and run a repair.  Maybe try this, which will take you to v37 stable and see if this helps.  If it does, maybe try the beta channel again.  Good luck mate and cheers. 

nalex66
MVP
MVP

Got the update last night, and put my headset into standby with a full battery. This morning, after 8 hours, it’s at 98% charge. Looks like the power drain issue was resolved. Good stuff!

JP_Fr
Protege

Thanks, it worked for me 😀

JP_Fr
Protege

Which version of the update do you have exactly ?

nalex66
MVP
MVP

@JP_Fr wrote:

Which version of the update do you have exactly ?

I don't have my headset with me right now to check the version number, but it's the new PTC v38 patch that rolled out yesterday for the Quest (not the PC app).

Rogod
Explorer

Lol I can't even hear the lyrics in the new BeatSaber OST5 music because the headset won't go any louder now D':
(Bug report submitted though don't worry 🙂 )

Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks! The team is looking into this as well. It's not unique to your setup. Appreciate you taking the time to report it!

Anonymous
Not applicable

PTC is full, factory reset, Google calendar makes me vomit, Spaceballs...

Rogod
Explorer

Yay, it's fixed now - my thanks to all those involved

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would change my name to Kudos Bomber for this post, but i have to wait six months...

Current rant location, text support failed miserably to provide a proper refund for an unsatisfactory unfinished experience. Been there, done that, moving on...

Some kind of kind soul updated my notification section, either that or random features randomly toggle, randomly lol, whatevers . . . . let me know when you have an open slot to aBiDe.

BudRScotchBndit
Honored Guest

I'm eager to hear more about this new Mobile ASW feature.  I noticed it when I first got v38 but there's no information about it so far. 

5ephir0th
Explorer

Anybody knows why i won´t received the V38 PTC while i have enable the option on mobile app? I already updated to V37 PTC time ago but now i stay on V37.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Let’s be honest, how can you have too many beta testers?

Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for all of your feedback everyone! V38 is starting to roll out to devices today and I've put up the release notes in the announcement board. 

Gevlyn507
Honored Guest

Looking forward to this, thanks for the update

Fatalution
Protege

I can report that after updating my Quest OS version to 38.0 from 37.0, the Win11 Link FPS drop bug is back. Moreover, it is now NOT fixable by the console window toggle. I've decided to update the PC software to 38.0 as well to maybe solve this to no avail.

Worked just fine on 37.0 across the board. Very sad I can't revert the software back to solve this.
Zephyrus G15 (2021) with 5900HS and 3080. 

ShadowToon
Protege

Windows desktop v38 would be much appreciated. v37 was/is so **bleep** bad.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

@ShadowToon  Try opting into the beta test channel on the beta tab of the oculus desktop app.  Takes you to v38 which seems to work well for me.  Worked fine with quest v37 and now v38.

Jeffah24
Explorer

Ok, I’m getting increasingly frustrated with features being REMOVED.  This update removed the battery charge indicator from the menu bar.  I spoke to support and they confirmed that this was intended.  WHY on earth?  WHY would you remove this?  Update 29 removed the controller battery indicators from the menu bar and stuck them on the controllers which we can’t always see, and now with Update 38 the headset battery indicator is removed entirely!  I now have to open the menu bar AND go into settings just to see the battery charge level of my headset. This is asinine!  I have ONE game I play which not only has the most intense graphics of any game I have on the Q2, but it has a watch on your wrist that shows tons of info, including the time, headset battery and controller battery levels. So it cannot possibly be a resource issue.  This is pure stupidity, tbh.  I’m still quite upset that the Go Live (to Facebook) feature was removed when it was the main reason I purchased this headset over all others available on the market.  Make changes?  Go ahead.  Add features?  Please do!  Stop taking away functionality and making this headset less and less appealing to want to use anymore.  Originally we could see the percentages of all batteries on he menu bar, but update 28 decided we don’t get to see that now unless we open settings.  I guess I this is akin to pulling out your cell phone, unlocking it, then having to open the settings app just to see the battery charge level. 

TheSidwysDrftr
Honored Guest

On update 37, 12hr and 24hr was available. On update 38, it no longer exists.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Date in Quick Settings should go to Notification History and saved Events, yup yup, otherwise, go overdose on lava!

Javis60
Honored Guest

Anybody having issues with this software version showing USB 2 instead of USB 3 in the Oculus software while rifting? Not sure if its the software or something I did but Im scratching my head at this problem. I had USB 3 since I got it 1/2 a year ago and now it's being detected as USB 2. Performance seems unaffected.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

@Javis60  I also saw this with my very old cv1 on my office laptop.  I found that just disconnecting its usb PC connector and reconnecting it seemed to fix this.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How **bleep** is your schemes?

v0.38 or v38.0?

Would be nice to have a Latest PTC release download or previous install date, and a Next PTC expected release date after downloading, along with a Next Release download or previous install date, and a Roll Back option for each installed PTCs and Next Release versions, unless your inquiring about PC/Steam/Cyber Punk? Sell Steam Decks in the Store, with preconfigured Air Link support, for Quest 2 headsets. Quest 2/Steam Deck $599.00 or $799.00 separately with no support and a six month backorder line, or watch me pass and rant, your choice.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Instead of No updates available, that should always say Update.

Pitrs1992
Honored Guest

Have problem with v38. When i try to log into Oculus Air Link, i have only black screen. Ill try repair Oculus App, but not working. Is there a way to downgreade to version 37? 

Trucabulles
Protege

I have the same problem, black screen and when I finally reach the desktop home, it just keeps looping and losing sync with my controllers....

Trucabulles
Protege

Same problem here

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm ok with the way Quick Settings and Settings, Profile, and Notifications are set, from best to worst, if those don't get a change. If and only if, ESPS can't change, for whatever reason I don't need to know, your going to have to give me a complete list of everything, that I can sort Alphabetically and by Release Date Month, in Explore. Store is going to need a Wishlist and Not Interested folder. The top two games my Store view promoted were Creed and Arizona Sunshine, both games I know I'll never play. The runners up were what I have in my App Library, 80% not interested. 100% never sorted to benefit me personally, thats the end so thats my foot, that has to change. Beyond those coin flips, I'm going to need better Event management and better Stats (Move) management. I don't do anything with those. What actually happens to the People section I'm very flexible and open there, whatever. Microsoft put out the best sweep for destructive user created content with Xbox, but where they lacked pretty miserably was with their avatar efforts, never graduated Quick Thrill 30 Second Fad status over here. Heavenly for sim fans and a micro second shrug from nonsim grunts as myself.

geerxin
Honored Guest

Quest 1

after update to v38, headset wakeup in black screen from standby. 

the "restart, shutdown" screen don't even showup. the head set is still running, and I can see the screen turned on, but just with black screen. the only solution for me now is to hold the power button to shut it down, then turn it back on again. 

I do factory reset after every update to make sure everything is running smooth. but not this time. 

Hopefully a fix could get update soon. 

nikitacharie33
Explorer

Where is "repair ocular app PLEASE!!!! THANKS 😊 🫂 

BadBoys_HSSIXTY
Protege

On 25 March, I received the update to version 39.0.0.56.369 via the PTC. All my apps disappeared. This has now been fixed. I was also removed from the PTC. I now notice that I can't open multiple windows in the browser.
Has anyone who also has version 9.0.0.56.369 and was removed from the PTC already received an update to a higher version?
Nothing has happened to me for over a month now.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey HSSIXTY_GER! We recommend checking for updates in the settings regularly, steps for doing can be found at the link here: How do I update my Meta Quest 2 or Meta Quest software? We also recommend trying to opt back into the PTC as that is how you would receive any new update that gets rolled out before releasing to the masses. If this, doesn't prove useful in getting your PTC and multiple browser windows functioning properly again, please   perform a factory resetting your headset. Before completing the factory reset, please turn on our Cloud Backup feature in order to to save any game's save data and scores from being deleted during the factory reset. To learn more about our Cloud Back up feature, please follow the link here: Oculus Cloud Backup!  Steps for performing a factory reset can be found in the article link here: How to Factory Reset! 

We hope this helps! If not, please consider send us a private message here on our community forums. Please click here https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport or on our name to get to our profile page, then click "Send a Message" to privately contact us. Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message!