cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PTC v40 Release Megathread

Oculus_RyanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Public Test Channel (PTC) for Quest and Quest 2 v40 is starting to roll out today. Let's use this thread for collecting feedback on it. Share your impressions and let us know if you see any issues. Please make sure to also send in bug reports along with posting here if you notice anything wrong.

When sharing feedback, try to include as much detail as possible to help the team investigate.

Help others find great discussions and answers by adding kudos and marking solutions to your questions.
88 REPLIES 88

GargoyleJuice
Level 3

Can we please get a fix for the refresh rate bug? How do you guys think that this is acceptable?

The point is to give them more info before the patch goes out to more people. Changes are that without the PTC, even more problems would make it to the public release.

Updates will never be perfect, but they need to top pushing new features and focus on fixing existing problems for a few months.

So not having anything but 72Hz for a month or so makes your Quest, literally the only viable hybrid headset, completely useless? That is quite a statment.

They replied that the 72Hz fix is on the list for v40 but it is not in the current PTC build.

"How do you guys think that this is acceptable?"

It is acceptable the same way any bug is acceptable. They did not break it on purpose, and they will fix it as fast as they can. Without knowing what changed that broke it, it is litearally impossible for you to know how hard it is to fix.

CONSPIR4CY
Level 4

Once the public test channel is full is there any hope for space to show up? im stuck on 72hz and i thought u could just update from the pc software but apparently, that's a different PTC for some reason.

I agree with you that usually bugs are a minor inconvenience to the user, however, this is not a bug in the traditional sense as it is false advertising (view tech specs on the oculus quest 2 store page). A locked 72 Hz makes me nauseated to the point of not being able to use the device. I just bought the Quest 2 with the purpose of playing at 90 Hz+. I don't think I can ever recall encountering a "bug" that REMOVES the critical features. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi RyanS,

I have a problem, hope to get your attention, hope you can check the private message I sent you.

I will wait for a response from you for that. Thank you ❤️

J-P-Fr
Level 4

When I'm connected to my computer with the cable, I have an "allow data access" window that now pops up every time I get a notification from my phone or when I take off and put on my headset. And it's impossible to click on it. You have to wait for it to go away at the same time as the notification. I did authorize it at least once at the very beginning

peti.gyuros
Level 3

Still no fix for 72hz only...

We need to be able to revert back to previous builds (especially PTC members). We're helping you make better software and in return we get to: be stuck with regression for who knows how long.