cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PTC v40 Release Megathread

Oculus_RyanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Public Test Channel (PTC) for Quest and Quest 2 v40 is starting to roll out today. Let's use this thread for collecting feedback on it. Share your impressions and let us know if you see any issues. Please make sure to also send in bug reports along with posting here if you notice anything wrong.

When sharing feedback, try to include as much detail as possible to help the team investigate.

Help others find great discussions and answers by adding kudos and marking solutions to your questions.
88 REPLIES 88

Go to the oculus app - settings - beta - restart oculus. Should fix it.

sofakng
Level 2

Thanks -- However, I've already enabled Beta on the desktop app and restarted it but it still only shows 72 Hz.

Can you confirm the desktop app version for the PTC/beta?

GeorgeHarvas
Level 2

does anyine knows if the blurry ghosting image issue got fixed ? 

Weird it worked with me only after i restarted the headset the option for 90hz etc all showed up. Have you checked the headset itself if it got updated correctly and on v40?

Oculus App Version 40.0.0.82.333 

Bruizerhands
Level 3

Hey guys! I found a fix for Stuck @ 72 Hz bug! Fix by force updating to v40 from Public Test Channel. I'm so happy about this, now I can start playing my Quest 2 again! https://youtu.be/NHiJa1dV3FY. Sorry about the link Oculus 

After updated to V40 on my Quest 2, when I turn off the headset tracking setting. The 3DOF mode is completely unusable. (V39 and early are work fine)

EDITED :

This issue also posted in support section, and come with the video. For more detail, you can view it on here.

https://forums.oculusvr.com/t5/Support/Quest-2-in-V40-PTC-3-DOF-Mode-unusable-issue/td-p/961909

Can confirm that after following this video that also my refresh rate settings have finally returned. Do make sure to restart the oculus app on your pc to see the settings change. 

sofakng
Level 2

I had to restart the Oculus VR Runtime service as well but then the 120 Hz showed in the app as well as on the standalone unit.  Thanks everybody!

Yes, it does. Plus, it fixes the black screen on power on/restart and app sharing. Fixed it all on both my headsets.

StevenRP_
Level 2

I was really hoping the MX keyboard tracking would automatically include Logi Craft since it is an extremely similar keyboard. While it does indeed superimpose the keyboard layout, it always shifted an inch to the right.

Is there any way CRAFT will be supported in the future?