cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PTC v40 Release Megathread

Oculus_RyanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Public Test Channel (PTC) for Quest and Quest 2 v40 is starting to roll out today. Let's use this thread for collecting feedback on it. Share your impressions and let us know if you see any issues. Please make sure to also send in bug reports along with posting here if you notice anything wrong.

When sharing feedback, try to include as much detail as possible to help the team investigate.

Help others find great discussions and answers by adding kudos and marking solutions to your questions.
81 REPLIES 81

JorgTheElder
Level 4

It would be really helpful for these announcements to give at least a quick over view of changes/new features so we know what to focus on.

That's something we've talked about, but often times features aren't turned on, or might not be available to everyone. The team also like seeing what changes people notice without a list. But it's also good to be able to point folks at a specific thing and say "test everything about this and try to break it".

It's really good for us to hear about basic things that wind up breaking somehow at the PTC level. Like with the PTC for v38 when it was identified that headsets weren't going to sleep with a lens cover and we were able to get that patched quickly. It never would have been on a list of changes, but PTC was critical in finding and fixing it fast.

Help others find great discussions and answers by adding kudos and marking solutions to your questions.

TomCgcmfc
Level 15

@Oculus_RyanS  I don't know about the Quest v40 ptc since I'm not enrolled anymore with my Q2 but I will say that the new v40 ptc with the oculus desktop pc app does not work very well.  Hand controllers gestures and tracking is bad and with some oculus store games like ultrawings 2 I cannot even use/select cockpit switches.  I opted out of this and it took me back to v39.  Actually the same version as the previous ptc.  All seems to work well again, or at least as well as it worked before, lol!

At least with the oculus desktop app you have the option to roll back beta versions.  I'll never go back to the Quest beta program until this is also the case.  Why this cannot be made possible?

9 9900k, rtx3090, 32 Gb ram, 1tb ssd, 4tb hdd. xi hero wifi mb, 750w psu, Q2 w/Air Link, Vive Pro

That makes sense, thanks for the response. 

Now please let me back in the PTC! 🙂 I had to reset the Oculus app on my phone and now it will not let me back in the PTC.

JorgTheElder
Level 4

What does hand-tracking have to do with the PC software? It only supports the controllers.

Feel free to ignore me. I see that some support has been added for hand-tracking in PC Unity apps when using Link.

saint_cow
Level 4

Can anyone confirm is this solves the 72Hz bug? 

tanubon
Level 7

Every recent patches have a big problem. I don't know the point of PTC.

J-P-Fr
Level 4

I find that the image seems to come back sharp both in native and with the link. I really feel like we are finally back to the same quality as the 35 version. The 120 Hertz parameter is available in the experimental menu

LaundrySaucee
Level 2

Still dont have anything but 72hz. Can you please fix this before i sell my quest 2 for something that actually works 🙂