cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PTC v40 Release Megathread

Oculus_RyanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Public Test Channel (PTC) for Quest and Quest 2 v40 is starting to roll out today. Let's use this thread for collecting feedback on it. Share your impressions and let us know if you see any issues. Please make sure to also send in bug reports along with posting here if you notice anything wrong.

When sharing feedback, try to include as much detail as possible to help the team investigate.

Help others find great discussions and answers by adding kudos and marking solutions to your questions.
88 REPLIES 88

olegseo
Level 2

No issues yet

Mazda_Ron
Level 5

@Oculus_RyanS 

there is a serious frame drop issue present on v39 and v40ptc but only when controllers are being tracked with cv1 setups, Link with quest 2 is fine, I no longer have rift s or quest 1 to test those.

I've found the fix for you after 3 days of troubleshooting, for whatever reason setting the OVRServer_x64.exe process priority to HIGH and also the game you are playing to HIGH completely fixes the issue, doing either one alone does not it has to be both.
I'm not sure why LINK is not presenting the issue, you can simply plug that in and play with no changes but I would of thought this process priority situation should of been forced in software anyway and not sure why these recent updates are showing this problem.

AngeloCarlo
Level 4

So it looks like we finally got Full Room Guardians with this V40 update! You have to open your Guardian Settings and scroll all the way down. The feature says its experimental but it not located in the Experimental Features tile.

This feature lets you map out your walls, doors, windows and furniture. You also get a little graphic at the end of your setup that lets you know that you can play that little AR game that Mark Zuckerburg just showcased on the Cambria. Apparently its available to download in AppLab.  Pretty cool stuff!

It does have some glitches that I noticed though, so here there are: 

1. It has a hard time mapping out rooms that have more than 4 sides, so if you have a closet that sticks out from the wall, your gonna find it hard to map it out.  
  2. It only works accurately if you don't teleport or change your POV off of that center spot of your environment. If you mess with this in anyway, your furniture guardians will not be located where your real furniture is.
  3. If you put your device on sleep mode, the room guardian completely disappears and you have to restart to get it back. 

martin.hoglund
Level 3

ovr metrics seem to have disappeared in v40

katobest
Level 2

Hi, I'm using oculus quest 1

Now my quest is taking more than 4 minutes to boot and games tooks sooooo much time to load or some games never loads. pushing oculus menu button takes so much time to appear and seems the loading time "in general" is very very slow.  

I have factory reset my device about 4 times and keeps with this slow. (seems is related to loading files into memory)

I seem to still be stuttering even when moving my hands when just looking at the desktop. It's fixed just by updating the windows oculus client to v40 PTC or did you take additional steps?

nate.biddle
Level 2

Hi, just reposting this question here (though v39 prompted the question).  do release notes get released before the date of the release, on the date, or after it?  For instance, the 4/11 release had an android update that broke many developers' applications (as a result of the way serial numbers and the associated permissions are used); being able to get ahead of updates would be very useful, would be a better experience as a customer, and would make Meta Support's life easier in addition to everyone else's.    

See my post above, stuttering with hand movements is present for me on cv1 on both v39 and v40ptc. Found the fix.

I always have it on high priority. I'm using a quest 2. Windows 11 has been a constant issue on the quest 2. I was asking this user if it was really fixed. As in; I was wondering if after further testing, he still found it to be fixed or if he had done anything else.

Andis3D
Level 4

The only problem i have so far is, it looks like Oculus is adding some color vibrance in Airlink/Link....VD looks so much better, but there i disabled that, Oculus has no button to chanche that... i don´t like it.

Please add a option to disable that!

Thanks.