cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PTC v43 Release Megathread

Oculus_RyanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Public Test Channel (PTC) for Quest and Quest 2 v43 is starting to roll out. Let's use this thread for collecting feedback on it. Share your impressions and let us know if you see any issues. Please make sure to also send in bug reports along with posting here if you notice anything going wrong.

Thanks to everyone testing out PTC and sharing your feedback! We appreciate your help testing out the core functionality of software as we develop!

Help others find great discussions and answers by adding kudos and marking solutions to your questions.
137 REPLIES 137

tanubon
Level 7

Where is contrast setting & app filter setting?

Thanks for sharing! And for everyone else reporting the same stuttering issue. The team is working on this right now and will be pushing a fix as soon as possible.

Help others find great discussions and answers by adding kudos and marking solutions to your questions.

I did the same thing unfortunately.  just got off with support chat and there isn't an escalation path to rejoin the Quest PTC.  The only hope we have is that shows up for us again in the Oculus Mobile app to join.  So we are basically screwed with this borked PTC build until the it get pushed into the next release channel.  Such a broken process when an issue like this comes up.

I switch between the Oculus Desktop PTC back and forth when trying to troubleshoot issues like this and didn't even think about not being able to rejoin it when flipping it off on the Quest 2 PTC.

10900K | RTX 3090

NizZ8
Level 4

As a temporary workaround to the flickering issue, i'm not seeing this issue at all while using Virtual Desktop. May be worth trying if you already have it setup.  Should note if you haven't used Virtual Desktop before it is an AirLink alternative and a paid app.

Streamer App (Runs on PC) - https://www.vrdesktop.net/

Quest App (Paid) - https://www.oculus.com/experiences/quest/2017050365004772/

10900K | RTX 3090

Yes 100% is a Link/Airlink issue i don't have it with Virtual Desktop, although AirLink is working for me much better ( the sharpness, the FOV tangent multiplier etcetc and overall the MBPS via Airlink I can bump it way up). But for now, i guess I can play Elite via VD untill is fixed, hopefully wont be long.

LameDuckWarrior
Level 7

Yup, 43 is screwed up. Latency has gone berzerk.

I put in a report.

Not thinking, I reset the headset. Forgot that doesn't roll back the software.

Now I'm out of PTC and of course it's full now.

barabba9174
Level 4

Now my Quest version is 43.0.0.132.120 and it looks much better than 43.0.0.125.120 (not perfect, but now it’s possible to play PCVR again via AirLink).

The PC app is the same version than yesterday (when I had problems): 43.0.0.127.173

ravensergio
Level 3

I can confirm, Quest 2 got an update (PTC channel) recently and I quickly hopped into Airlink to see if something changed, and everything seems to work like before, at least, or even better maybe ( I tested shortly just in Dash). Thank You devs for the fast hotfix and in weekend also.

I have PTC access for Quest 1, but not for Quest 2. Whenever I check the phone app, it always says that the limit has been reached. Is access to PTC already decided when first recruited, and no one can get new after that? I want to access PTC of Quest 2. 😕

LameDuckWarrior
Level 7

I'm trying since Friday to respond to @Oculus_RyanS but no acknowledgement.

Is the system down or something?