cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PTC v43 Release Megathread

Oculus_RyanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Public Test Channel (PTC) for Quest and Quest 2 v43 is starting to roll out. Let's use this thread for collecting feedback on it. Share your impressions and let us know if you see any issues. Please make sure to also send in bug reports along with posting here if you notice anything going wrong.

Thanks to everyone testing out PTC and sharing your feedback! We appreciate your help testing out the core functionality of software as we develop!

Help others find great discussions and answers by adding kudos and marking solutions to your questions.
137 REPLIES 137

@pawelox123 wrote:

I love how they broke pcvr in v41 did nothing about it in v42 and broke it more in v43

With my Q2/rtx3090 I found that v41 was the best ever update with both Link and Air Link.  With v42 I found I needed to lower my dynamic bitrate with Air Link but it still worked well.  Also, v42 continues to work great with Link.  I guess I'll find out about non-beta v43 soon.

i9 9900k, rtx3090, 32 Gb ram, 1tb ssd, 4tb hdd. xi hero wifi mb, 750w psu, Q2 w/Air Link, Vive Pro

Darkcloud1982
Level 3

please let me go back to the PTC to install the fix. I'm still stuck with version 43.0.0.125.120 and can't use Link / Airlink  😔

barabba9174
Level 4

Now I have the 43.0.0.167.120. The problem using AirLink is like the 43.0.0.132.120 (so… much better than 43.0.0.125.120, but not completely solved).

I noticed that it looks much slower to pass from controllers to hand tracking. 

SwooshStackz
Level 4

My previous headset got ripped apart by

horrendous branding in the virtual environments,

those no longer have a use here.

Wtf happened to Light mode, or is this console exceptionally racial specific?

studlygoorite
Level 5

I couldn't find the release notes for v43 so I am posting here. Since updating I have had "many" random wired Link disconnects.

studlygoorite
Level 5

Since updating to v43 Link crashes (disconnects) several times an hour. Also, now I have terrible screen tearing that has made using Link impossible. Please fix this ASAP, I know others that are experiencing similar issues. Thanks

FYI, a friend that also had issues with v43 just quit the PTC and his headset and PC software rolled back to v42 and all is good with him. I would rather not leave the PTC so any info/acknowledgement about these issues would be nice.

tanubon
Level 7

Is Meta not managing the content? I don't see any reports of getting app filters or contrast adjustments at all. These are v41 & v42 features.

barabba9174
Level 4

Please @Oculus_RyanS, we need change logs. To have a look to the new features, regressions and to understand when it’s time to check again after we discovered some issues on the previous version.
We should be much more useful!

SwooshStackz
Level 4

How and why do I manually move the app library container?

fiocco10
Level 3

Could you finally add percentage to all the adjustment sliders ? because it is not easy to adjust with precision currently with -/+, please, thank you.