cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest build v34 release notes

Oculus_RyanS
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

These features and enhancements will become available starting the week of November 1st, 2021.

Guardian

• With this release we’re introducing Space Sense to Guardian. Space Sense allows you to see things like people and pets entering your Play Space when using Roomscale Guardian. To enable Space Sense, navigate your Settings > Experimental features. Learn more about Guardian and Space Sense.
    • Please note this feature is only available on Quest 2 headsets.
    • Space Sense is not available for Stationary Guardian.
  • In addition to Space Sense, we’re currently testing additional guardian features as part of this release. Keep in mind that these features are still in development and won’t be seen by all users.
  • We’ve improved notifications when you enter a low-light situation and are at risk of losing tracking.

Horizon Home

• We’re introducing a new personal workspace environment in Horizon Home today, so you can trade out that snowy mountain lodge for something a bit more professional if you’re sitting down to get some work done.

2D Apps for Multitasking

• We’re introducing 2D apps to the Oculus Store. The first apps available in the Store are Facebook, Instagram, Smartsheet, and Spike. More apps will follow soon. Developers can get started building and testing PWAs today and we’ll share more about when you can submit to App Lab soon.
  • 2D apps take advantage of Quest’s powerful multitasking features. You can turn on the latest multitasking features by enabling “Multitasking” in the Experimental section of the Settings app.

Android Phone Notifications

Standby Battery Life

• We’ve adjusted battery parameters to increase the standby life on Quest and Quest 2 headsets.

Link and Air Link

• We’ve enabled secure pairing for Air Link to enhance security and improve your experience for Air Link. Users who have V34 on both Quest and PC will experience a new and improved pairing flow for launching into Air Link.
  • For best performance on Link and Air Link, please use Windows 10. Windows 11 is not yet supported with our Oculus PC software.

Voice Commands

• You can now do more with Voice Commands. With this release, you can now ask about the weather, enable or disable the Oculus Move tracker during your next workout, and other general questions. You can also use Voice Commands to control your media and open your settings. Learn more about supported Voice Commands.
  • Example commands include:
    • Weather: “What’s the weather like today?”, “What’s the weather for tomorrow?”
    • Media Control: “Pause”, “Resume”, “Next”, “Go back”
    • Oculus Move: “Show activity tracker”, “Hide calorie tracker”
    • General Questions: “What is ten to the power of forty three?”, “What is 20 Celsius in Fahrenheit?”, “How many calories in three eggs?”

Public Test Channel (PTC)

• Quest Public Test Channel (PTC) is an early access program for Oculus Quest software releases. By signing up, you can get early access to the unreleased software version ahead of the public release.
  • See here to learn more about how to sign up for PTC.

Fixes

• Fixed an issue where the progress bar was showing incorrect information when downloading a game or app.
64 REPLIES 64

TomCgcmfc
Level 15

I hope that v34 does not screw up the X Plane 11 shutdown again (need to use win10 task manager to kill it).  This was fixed ages ago.  I tried v34ptc a couple of weeks ago and this shutdown problem happened again.  I reported it to Oculus support so maybe it will be fixed with v34 final (fingers crossed).

9 9900k, rtx3090, 32 Gb ram, 1tb ssd, 4tb hdd. xi hero wifi mb, 750w psu, Q2 w/Air Link, Vive Pro

"it's even possible individual games can lag behind"

Very true. I bought Lone Echo 2 and the frame drops were awful, to the point I would get the egg timer every other minute. Completely unplayable. I spent hours trying to correct this as I thought it was my PC having issues, only to find out later that others were having the same issues. I tried to get a refund but was denied.

I will not be buying any other software until Windows 11 is fully supported. A warning that it wouldn't be supported (for the time being) would have been helpful

Lookin4D
Level 2

So that's why It took so long for my game to download. I'm sure you guys knew ahead of time about the OS update, now this expensive piece of tech just sits and waits.......This is one of the reason I left Facebook years ago, can't/won't keep up to date. Think I'm going a different setup next time.

If you upgraded to win11 from win10 you have up to 10 days to roll it back.  After that you would need to do a clean reinstall.  Just saying.

9 9900k, rtx3090, 32 Gb ram, 1tb ssd, 4tb hdd. xi hero wifi mb, 750w psu, Q2 w/Air Link, Vive Pro

Buetigame
Level 5

I'm a bit surprised... did receive a small v33 update at 28th Okt (no words on changes of course) and now I found this topic and suddenly there is v34 on my Q2 (the desktop app didn't find anything newer than v33, so I have to ba patient ;-).  Glad, I looked to the forums, because at the official Oculus Release Notes page, there was no info about it... just now there is.

Anyway, v34 FW works well with v33 Desktop-App - without "secure pairing" feature of course 😉

Nothing else changed so far... except there is another home "Oculus Studio".

(maybe it was there before, but now I've noticed ist)

Good to see, that the development goes further after round about 1,5 months!

TomCgcmfc
Level 15

OK, I just got V34 on my Q2 (still on v33 with Oculus PC app).  Everything in Quest home works fine.  Might be placebo but I think images and text look a little sharper.  Also, scrolling seems a little smoother.  I like that there now is a Browser button on the bottom dashboard.  Kinda handy.

The only bug I've found so far with Link or Air Link is that if you use the double-tap to show your passthrough you get a very weird distant scaling, like thing are a long way away and squashed.  Funny because using stationary if I move my headset to the boundary it goes into passthrough and everything look fine, but when I move further outside this it snaps back to the off-scale view like double-tap.  The double-tap passthrough in the Quest home works fine.

Maybe the double-tap passthrough bug with Link and Air Link will be fixed when my PC app gets v34.  Who knows? 

Edit; tried opting into the latest PTC beta v35 and got the same results.  I did not see any difference so I just opted out of the v35ptc and it too me back to v33.  Not sure where PC app V34 is?  Actually the PTC  what's new panel says v34, lol!

Otherwise, everything seems to work fine for me so far.  Cheers to Oculus, soon to be Meta, lol! 

Scott-Jon
Level 5

Where can I find a list of all voice commands?

Here is a solution. Launch the Oculus Debug Tool. Under the Service tab select Toggle console window visibility. The Oculus service will restart and the Console window will appear. When you go to use Link, AirLink or Virtual Desktop, make sure that the Console is the active window. Your stuttering will disappear as long as that window has focus.

i7 8700, 16GB, RTX 2080 TI, Rift CV1 | i5 4690K, 16GB, GTX 1660 TI, Rift CV1 | Quest | Quest 2

I've got v34 on my desktop, but not on my Quest or Quest 2! Go figure!

i7 8700, 16GB, RTX 2080 TI, Rift CV1 | i5 4690K, 16GB, GTX 1660 TI, Rift CV1 | Quest | Quest 2

Copying my previous response, so you get notified.
Here is a solution. Launch the Oculus Debug Tool. Under the Service tab select Toggle console window visibility. The Oculus service will restart and the Console window will appear. When you go to use Link, AirLink or Virtual Desktop, make sure that the Console is the active window. Your stuttering will disappear as long as that window has focus.