cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest build v39 release notes

Oculus_RyanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

These features and enhancements will be rolling out soon.

Virtual Workspace

We’ve added a section to our settings page so you can customize your virtual workspace to fit your needs.

• We’re also adding a mountain study environment complete with snow capped peaks and serene redwoods creating the optimal environment to enjoy peace and quiet while you focus on your work.

Multitasking

We moved all Multitasking features from the experimental settings panel. Soon, everyone will be able to simply utilize multitasking by default. We also added the following new features:

• We've expanded the ability to use side-by-side app windows to additional 2D apps. Previously, side-by-side multitasking was only available through the experiments panel or for Browser via multiple tabs. Now, you can have three side-by-side windows for additional supported apps.
  • From the universal menu you can easily switch between multiple windows to launch, focus, minimize, and close any open apps that support multitasking. You can also switch to specific instances for apps that support multi-instance experiences (like Browser).
  • We've also made some general multitasking improvements to let you switch between your apps more efficiently.
  • Please note, these updates to multi-tasking will be gradually rolling out over time to ensure the best possible experience for all Quest owners.

Feed redesign

We’re redesigning notifications to make it easier to manage both in VR and in the Oculus mobile app.

• In-VR, you can now sort notifications by time or by app.
  • In the Oculus mobile app, you can swipe across a notification and tap the Settings Icon to quickly unsubscribe or change notification settings for that app.

Browser

You can now share links from your mobile browser to your headset via the Oculus Mobile App.

• When you share a link, it’ll be opened in Browser the next time you put on your headset.
    • We previously introduced this feature to Android devices, and now we're bringing this to iOS devices.
  • We’re updating the logo for Browser to better reflect our vision for the product.

User Reporting Improvements

• Simplified the user reporting process, reducing the number of steps required for users to submit reports.
  • Added a freeform field for users to add any additional details to their report.
Help others find great discussions and answers by adding kudos and marking solutions to your questions.
39 REPLIES 39

Deleted by TomC

i9 9900k, rtx3090, 32 Gb ram, 1tb ssd, 4tb hdd. xi hero wifi mb, 750w psu, Q2 w/Air Link, Vive Pro

@tomcgcfc I agree 100%! This is not what I expected from a test channel. But to be fair, the only reason why people with software issues are finding this channel is because Customer Support Reps are sending them here. It just makes no sense to me, especially since the majority of these people aren’t even PTC members. There just being passed on to the Community Manager of this forum who doesn’t have anything to offer them besides the same generic response they received from support. 🤦🏻‍:male_sign:

Hi Angelo! If you would prefer to discuss PTC issues or features of v39, you can do so on this thread. Cheers! 

Hi Angelo. You are right. I attached a screenshot of how my last chat with oculus support ended. The link he gave me (because he could not help me) sent me here for possible support (which I also didn’t receive). Otherwise I have no interest in participating in an online forum (I rather spend my free time in other more enjoyable ways such as playing on our functioning quest 2 headsets lol). Just a mom here with a family of quest 2 lovers (including myself) who was looking for help to fix our headsets. And I will seek it elsewhere. ADF93691-FF76-4BFA-A113-B16775C23C2E.png

NorbertNoBacon
Level 4

The PC app seems to be falling by the wayside here. Can it not include a "check for updates" like the headset? I got v39 on my headset a few days after release, yet my PC app is still on v38. The rollout parity is really sloppy. It's about time you brought the PC link GUI in line with the headset as well, again looks very dated, almost like it's been abandoned. I tend to prioritise playing via AirLink over native headset editions where possible, especially with cross-buy titles. There's plenty of us who play on PC via AirLink so maybe try supporting it a bit better!

@NorbertNoBacon  I recently got v39 on my Q2 and I've found that the Oculus desktop pc app seems to work a bit better if you opt into the settings/beta tab/public test channel.  This ends up with v39. 

Unlike the Quest beta testing program (I opted out of this back in v37) the Oculus Desktop pc app is very easy to opt into the beta and roll it back if you don't like it.

i9 9900k, rtx3090, 32 Gb ram, 1tb ssd, 4tb hdd. xi hero wifi mb, 750w psu, Q2 w/Air Link, Vive Pro

CONSPIR4CY
Level 4

v39 only 72hz no other options why??

Cheers Tom, I may opt in, I try to avoid beta channels where I can unless desperate for a feaure. I haven't found any issue playing v39 Quest 2 and linking to v38 desktop build. Just really irks me they can't do simple parallel roll outs!

this needs attention asap I have the same problem pcvr is out of the question now.

NomadsAnIsland
Level 5

I just noticed and added the "Crystal Atrium" environment. Nice.

Updated to 39 a few days ago. Refresh rates up to 120 still available on the Desktop App settings.