cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager
These features and enhancements will become available starting the week of March 8th, 2022.

App Library

• When you are in a Party any owned apps that support enhanced Multiplayer features will be highlighted, making it easier to jump into a multiplayer game/app.

Recently Met

• You can now view, join and friend recently met players by pressing the Oculus home button when in a game/app.
    • You can also see people you recently played with in the People Tab as well as in the Oculus Mobile App.

MR Couch and Desk

• MR Couch and Desk are moving from Experimental features to the Guardian settings. Now all users will be able to place persistent desks and couches in their Horizon Home environment.

Tracking Updates

• We're making improvements to the tracking system on your device. Some users will need to create a new Guardian.

Settings Updates

• We’ve redesigned the Settings page to make it easier to find what you‘re looking for.
  • In addition to design enhancements, we’re adding a search bar in the Settings menu to use when you know exactly what you’re looking for.

Logo Updates

• We’ve updated some of the UI elements to use the Meta Logo.

Tooltips

• Hovering over an option in the Quick Action Menu brings up a tooltip to help guide you through the various Quick Actions available.

Keyboard and Bluetooth

• Tracked Keyboards and BT settings will now be moving from Experimental Features to Device Settings.
75 Comments
josh.chacin
Honored Guest

Please give us background audio/Picture in Picture(PiP) mode I don't care about infinite office.

FerbCosplay
Honored Guest

what about the chromatic aberration issues caused with v37? this is still very present on both my Quest 1 and 2, the supposed fix that had rolled out never came for me and now I'm still stuck with the issue on v38. 

JumpmanJunior
Honored Guest

Cool! But the thing I need the most is to have the local app library only show currently installed apps. As it is now by default after every reset it lists all apps you have and the ones you have tried out and uninstalled.
I can see on different forum posts, that its and has been an annoying issue since launch. How come it is not addressed? 

ShocksVR
Superstar

Thank you for the release notes.

Can we also get notes for the v38-PC changes ?  I see there's been a few changes such as 'Mobile ASW' added to the Oculus Debug tool (under Oculus Link settings).  By default, the previously used PC-ASW is now set to disabled. 

Thanks !

RMMC_VR
Explorer

Will mrc capture for android phones be coming in the next couple updates?

AzuBark
Honored Guest

In what I imagine is an a result of the tracking updates, I have noticed new behavior from my Quest 2. I use my Quest with Virtual Desktop to do VR on my PC through steam with full body tracking. In the past I have been able to take off my headset to go do something for even just a few minutes, and when I come back, the headset would have stayed awake and I would have been able to put it back on and resume play as normal. Now when I put the headset back on, it appears to have gone to sleep and on wake my playspace calibration is completely offset and I have to recalibrate (I use OpenVRSpaceCalibrator). I already have the setting for auto power off at the max time limit of 4 hours, and I couldn't find any new settings to change. I was also using a cable to keep the headset charged with a power adapter plugged into the wall so it shouldn't have been a power issue at the time.

inuckles
Honored Guest

Hey, could we have the possibility to have different Guardian Configuration for different spaces?

duneglow
Honored Guest

We need more multiuser features and also a laying down play mode there are many bed ridden kids and senior citizens with headsets in hospitals that could use this mode.

BudRScotchBndit
Honored Guest

Yes please release some information about the Mobile ASW feature and additions on the PC PTC App

XDeathReconX
Protege

Wth Ryan I'm still missing half of the v37 features am I supposed to be excited to get only some of the things listed here as well?

yegechang
Explorer

I really like the joystick precision calibration feature in V37, you engineers are awesome !

AlexiTQ
Adventurer

Are you still ignoring long standing issues or is there a fix yet? What about Windows 11 support?

thegreatcity
Honored Guest

I think there is a proximity sensor setting. Detects when the headset is on your head. You may need to disable that.

thegreatcity
Honored Guest

I think this functionality already exists. I know on my Quest 1 I was able to have two separate Guardians. One upstairs and one downstairs. Don't know if that is still the case but if so they may need to at least share a wifi network.

CaryMGVR
Expert Protege

The ENTIRE UI needs a top-to-bottom redo.

It's cumbersome af and not the least bit intuitive.

Plus confusing redundancies all over the place ....

Add to that such a big deal has been made about the name switch to "Meta",

and the bootlogo is now the Meta symbol, but to use the Voice Assistant,

the triggerphrase is: "Hey Facebook" ....  Not to mention the fact

that we've had just three new Home Enviornments in as many years ....

You want Joe Bestbuyer to use virtual reality?  Clean this mess up, stat.

killazozo420
Honored Guest

What about rift s?? Should make rift part of it too sa lot of people prefer pcvr its better

CrimsonSky3000
Protege

Will the tracking improvements apply to quest 1 also?

Hwangit
Honored Guest
TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

I got the v38 update today on my Q2.  All seems fine but I did need to redo my guardian on both my Q2 home and also Rift home.  Overall, the clarity does seem a little better.

CyberGh0st1k
Honored Guest

Is it out and how to Update Im sort of new

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

@CyberGh0st1k These updates are rolled out so you should get it within a few weeks.  Really nothing to worry about imho since the previous v37 worked fine for most, including myself.  Otherwise, contact Oculus Support I guess.  Cheers.

Jeffah24
Explorer

Ok, I’m getting increasingly frustrated with features being REMOVED.  This update removed the battery charge indicator from the menu bar.  I spoke to support and they confirmed that this was intended.  WHY on earth?  WHY would you remove this?  Update 29 removed the controller battery indicators from the menu bar and stuck them on the controllers which we can’t always see, and now with Update 38 the headset battery indicator is removed entirely!  I now have to open the menu bar AND go into settings just to see the battery charge level of my headset. This is asinine!  I have ONE game I play which not only has the most intense graphics of any game I have on the Q2, but it has a watch on your wrist that shows tons of info, including the time, headset battery and controller battery levels. So it cannot possibly be a resource issue.  This is pure stupidity, tbh.  I’m still quite upset that the Go Live (to Facebook) feature was removed when it was the main reason I purchased this headset over all others available on the market.  Make changes?  Go ahead.  Add features?  Please do!  Stop taking away functionality and making this headset less and less appealing to want to use anymore.  

AlexiTQ
Adventurer

Welcome to the wonderful world of Oculus updates. You could receive the update today or in a couple of months. You may or may not get all feature updates. It's all up to chance. No one really knows how it works. If you look at it from the bright side, however, they can't break things if you don't get the update.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

OK, I got a second v38 update today (v38.0.0.63.727.351486028, runtime 38.0.0.82.728.356477935).  All seems to work fine with my Q2/rtx3090 using both Link and Air Link.  I did need to redo my Quest home guardian again but did not need to do this in the Rift home this time (on Oculus desktop PTC v38 btw).  Not a lot in it but the clarity in the Quest home and Rift home seems a little nicer/sharper.  Tested out a number of Oculus, Steam, and VivePort apps and a few flight/racing sims and these all worked great.

I'm not sure what the big deal about battery levels go?  @Jeffah24  The headset battery is shown graphically on the Quest home dashboard (next to wifi) and it seems pretty accurate (even shows charging if you are connected to a charger).  The Q2 controller lights/dots show up very well in the Quest home.  If you want exact #'s all you need to do is press the quick menu and both headset and controller battery levels are shown on the top left.  With my elite strap with battery it even shows both battery levels.  In the Rift home you can see your battery and volume levels by hovering on the far right 3 dots on the dashboard.  So, all seems fine to me but if you want something different I guess you can post something in the feed back/Ideas threads.

Jeffah24
Explorer

@TomCgcmfc — I’m sorry, but you are mistaken.  The headset battery is NOT shown graphically on the Quest home dashboard any longer.  It was removed from here in the current update.  As stated in my post, I contacted support who confirmed that this was intentional.  When I remarked how bad this is, they said they agreed, and are unsure why the devs felt the need to remove the indicator from the menu bar. Lastly, opening up settings to view the battery levels while sitting in your home is not an issue … unless you consider it acceptable to pull out your cell phone, open it, unlock it, and then have to open the settings app just to check the battery level.  As I said, this is asinine… including the fact that originally you could see the exact percentages of ALL batteries on the menu bar until update 29 came out.  Once again, as stated, they keep removing things.  

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

@Jeffah24  I just got the second v38 update on my Q2 today and the battery icon is displayed on my dashboard menu just left of the WiFi icon.  Not sure why I seem to have it and you don’t???

Edit;  maybe caused by the quest beta test channel?  I opted out of this over a month ago so just got v38 a few days ago and then another v38 update today.  Maybe check the version/runtime numbers I included today and see if they match yours.  Another Meta Mystery, lol!

Anonymous
Not applicable

When will the missing library/ account log out issues relating to the update be fixed? 

ProEagle
Honored Guest

Hi,

I tried to update my Quest2 to v38 but it says no available updates, I'm in Europe. is the update limited to certain regions?

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

@ProEagle  All updates are rolled out.  I’m not sure it matters where you live.  I sometimes get them pretty quickly and sometimes they take 2-3 weeks.

Banana4Bananas
Heroic Explorer

I am on the latest update and still have my battery indicators

ShocksVR
Superstar

The Oculus Developer Blog just released a piece on the new 'Mobile ASW' termed - Air Link Framerate Insurance (AFI)

Air Link Framerate Insurance (AFI) (oculus.com) 

Looks to be a reprojection method for AirLink (no wired Link?), and it's exclusive to the Quest2 (no Quest1).  AFI is analogous to ASW 1.0 quality, but it can be used simultaneously with PC-ASW (you can have both enabled), or you can disable PC-ASW to boost performance. 

BubblzZz
Protege

With 120HZ enable over Airlink, and Air Link Framerate Insurance (AFI) set to disabled, the noticeable jitters and stutter are still present. As noted in the AFI explaination "Running AFI with 120Hz is not supported in this release. Doing so causes significant judder and latency artifacts. We’re addressing this bug in a future release." This problem still persists with AFI set to disabled. 120hz is currently unplayable. Please advise.

NoctemCreations
Protege

well done oculus. not only are you persistent in crappy updates but you exceed the standards in the level of incompetence oculus put out in the form of updates for the os. heres a thought. a multi billion dollar company funds your ego. why not listen to the public beta testers on the issues. most stamped on the shell env crashing. and even the guardian service crashing after the v38 update yet even in the global live version its still happening..... seriously have some actual passion for the work you do. its beyond a joke. every **bleep** update has caused massive performance hits or bugged ui and services....  since v21. im tempted to make it so my device never updates automatically. just so i dont have to put up with the trashy updates you guys spew out like vomit

NoctemCreations
Protege

whats that age old saying.... "if something isnt broke.......dont **bleep**ing fix it!"

NoctemCreations
Protege

all oculus os updates roll out regionally. so bit by bit you will get it. maybe day one of public release. maybe 4 weeks after the first rollout

Millarit
Honored Guest

When does this roll out to Northern-Europe?

I have been refreshing my Quest 2 for some time, as what been reading of the performance improvement on VR supported games with ASW. Get always "no update available"

Really, no download anywhere to update manually?

Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @NoctemCreations! We're always eager to look into any issues that come up. I know the team is working on some trouble with the guardian service crashing in certain circumstances, but I haven't seen anything specific to shell env crashing. Do you happen to have any extra details you can share and I'll make sure to get it in front of the team?

If you ever see any trouble, please make sure to report it either in app or in headset as well, those reports go right to the team so the more info in them the better.

xmesaj2
Honored Guest

"Controller low battery" warning completely breaks Oculus Link - it's stuttering, pixelated and stretched. Until the warning popped I was playing for over an hour with no issues over Wi-Fi

LameDuckWarrior
Heroic Explorer

Was just taking a look at Oculus TV.

3D flat content is showing side by side video rather than actual 3D.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

@LameDuckWarrior  I just tried this and Oculus TV seems to work fine for me with my Q2.  I just got an Oculus TV update earlier today so maybe this helped?  Cheers.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Average, makes me dream for a roll back,

and Ads a console I’ll never buy again,

thanks Next Gen Six Flags/Disney World!

What about the Video Games?

Don’t forget what brought People here, MR

Knows Everything That’s Deleted, copy

that!

Go build a First Party house!

Those rainbow virtual environments have

30 minutes of use, and then get Power

Button deleted!

Deactivate Auto Updates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AND COMPLETE YOUR REFUNDS, YOUR SUPPORT IS $20 BEHIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I’d buy MR Couch & Desk in App Library to set over your apps for a lot more than a dollar!

Anonymous
Not applicable

You better be building a trampoline or

something jesus **bleep**ing christ!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
LameDuckWarrior
Heroic Explorer

Yes, woke up this AM and it works.

Actually could kick myself.

Should have said Win 11 wasn't working.

yegechang
Explorer

After updating to the V38 version,  puting on the Quest2 and manually pressing the button to turn on the screen, and the screen is still black after three small white dots appear. 

After several attempts, I found that I need to remove Quest2 from head and then press the button to light up the screen .

This was not the case before the update.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I get V38? I live in the UK and it shows “latest version”.. what do I do??

BubblzZz
Protege

Try connecting your device to a personal hotspot for Wi-Fi (from a cellphone), then restart your quest by resetting experimental features. Check and see if it has pushed the update. Repeat this process several times. I have always found that this process helps push the update to my quest.

BubblzZz
Protege

To whichever dev who sees this, 38.0.0.51.727 PC software is a total mess. 120hz mode is completely broken now. Mobile AFI is obviously turned on even when set to disabled. Judder and latency artifacts everywhere. I'm really starting to loose my patience with these updates and software. Every update just makes this technology worse.  This is getting beyond ridiculous and I seriously question the leadership in the software development department.