cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager
These features and enhancements will become available starting the week of March 8th, 2022.

App Library

• When you are in a Party any owned apps that support enhanced Multiplayer features will be highlighted, making it easier to jump into a multiplayer game/app.

Recently Met

• You can now view, join and friend recently met players by pressing the Oculus home button when in a game/app.
    • You can also see people you recently played with in the People Tab as well as in the Oculus Mobile App.

MR Couch and Desk

• MR Couch and Desk are moving from Experimental features to the Guardian settings. Now all users will be able to place persistent desks and couches in their Horizon Home environment.

Tracking Updates

• We're making improvements to the tracking system on your device. Some users will need to create a new Guardian.

Settings Updates

• We’ve redesigned the Settings page to make it easier to find what you‘re looking for.
  • In addition to design enhancements, we’re adding a search bar in the Settings menu to use when you know exactly what you’re looking for.

Logo Updates

• We’ve updated some of the UI elements to use the Meta Logo.

Tooltips

• Hovering over an option in the Quick Action Menu brings up a tooltip to help guide you through the various Quick Actions available.

Keyboard and Bluetooth

• Tracked Keyboards and BT settings will now be moving from Experimental Features to Device Settings.
75 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

This worked, thank you so much for the help 

Ekoin
Honored Guest

Put on Quest 2 to be greeted with new Meta logo. Ok. And, can't find guardian, try to set guardian, guardian app keeps stopping. com.facebook.spatial...(something cut off) keep stopping. I had to go into sidequest and shut off my guardian via usb-c cable to my phone just to get to the console. So I can use my Quest 2 but I have no guardian. I've seen many many people having issues with the latest versions 37 and 38. You guys need to fix this guardian thing fast, people might get hurt. 

Victor39005
Honored Guest

True. Installed apps should always be the default.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Roll Back! Check v.38 PTC megathread, scram!

FissionControl
Honored Guest

Dealing with issues that I have not had since airlink was first released. Main game I play is Elite Dangeorus. When switching roles from ship to on foot it seems deleyed and out of sync for 1 minute to 3 minutes until it finally sinks. Sometimes is does this in the dash menu with no games running. setup is 5600x 3060ti 16 gb ram dedicated router wifi 6 for airlink with ethernet to pc. Has not been an issue in some time.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Paradigm Shift!

Explorer

Please help us with this issue: "2 quest 2 headsets but I am getting error messages when 2 family members try to play same game", the app-sharing function has been a disaster for many of us since the V38 upgrade. thank you. https://forums.oculusvr.com/t5/Support/2-quest-2-headsets-but-I-am-getting-error-messages-when-2-fam...

Banana4Bananas
Heroic Explorer

That is not an issue. You cannot play together online from a shared game. You are sharing one license, meaning one use at a time.

Explorer

It used to work well before updates. Many people have the same issue.

Banana4Bananas
Heroic Explorer

Only game devs that are opted in to Sharing for their apps work that way. Beat saber is one such app that does not allow sharing.  With that being said I wouldn't be surprised if with the popularity of the Quest 2 that multiplayer sharing was removed because it hinders sales profit to the game devs

jay4405
Expert Protege

I have the same exact problem and it also affect 90hz. The only game I play in 90hz is Stormland which is suffering from longer load times but no crazy glitching. I'm going to try the beta channel aka v39 and see if that might work if AFI isn't compatible. Unless your home maybe you could try it now. Anyways we're in the same boat and after I was finally having such a blast. **bleep** me it's either Nvidia, windows , or oculus ruining things and document often between the 3. I **bleep**ing hate this and just want to game...... Rtx 3080 i9-10900k 32 dd4 32000 blah blah etc lol

Jeffah24
Explorer

Well, to silence the naysayers and to prove Oculus Support correct, I did a factory reset on my headset last night.  It even downloaded some updates to my controllers and headset during this process.  Once complete, and before I even changed any settings or downloaded any apps, the headset battery indicator is not showing on the menu bar above the wifi symbol.  As I was told, this was done intentionally.  It should be put back.  Headset battery level is a much more important indicator than the wifi symbol.  There’s room for both. 

Credo52
Honored Guest

After the latest update (with the MetaQuest blue pretzel), I can no longer open the Dead and Buried II app. It says timed out due to no internet connection, and takes me back to the Home Page. The internet connection is fine, and all my other apps work. They work before I try to open D&B, and after I'm sent back to Home. 

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

@Jeffah24   I'm not suggesting you're wrong mate.  If you don't have the headset battery icon on the Quest v38 menu bar just left of the wifi icon, then you clearly do not have it.  Plus even after a factory reset, you still do not have it.  Just because myself and others on this 'final public' v38 don't seem to have this issue does not solve your problem.  Trying to figure out why is kinda hard.

Since you originally posted this issue on the v38 PTC thread I think you may have been enrolled in the Quest PTC beta program, so you got v38 a little earlier.  If this is the case it may be and issue related to the PTC update.  If so, a factory reset will not get you out of this program, nor will it take you to the final v38 public update.  You would need to un-enroll out of the PTC program using your smartphone device advanced settings and then wait for the next final updates.  That's what I did a couple of months ago when I was enrolled in the v37 PTC.  I opted out because I really did not see any value in it for myself.  I then got v38 when it was released to the public.  Up to you but if you are enrolled in the Quest PTC program you may want to do the same before you get v39 PTC, which I think has just started rolling out.

You can see the PTC procedures here;

https://forums.oculusvr.com/t5/Announcements-and-Releases/Quest-Public-Test-Channel-PTC-Is-Rolling-O...

It clearly states;

Currently, Oculus Quest software does not have the ability to roll back to a previous software version release. If you remove yourself from Quest PTC, your device will remain on the Quest PTC software version until the next Oculus public software version release.

Anyway, sorry if this does not help mate.  Just trying to help figure out the reasons why.  I'm not questioning what a support person may have told you but to be honest, some support info tends to get lost in the translation sometimes, lol!  Cheers.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm ok with the way Quick Settings and Settings, Profile, and Notifications are set, from best to worst, if those don't get a change. If and only if, ESPS can't change, for whatever reason I don't need to know, your going to have to give me a complete list of everything, that I can sort Alphabetically and by Release Date Month, in Explore. Store is going to need a Wishlist and Not Interested folder. The top two games my Store view promoted were Creed and Arizona Sunshine, both games I know I'll never play. The runners up were what I have in my App Library, 80% not interested. 100% never sorted to benefit me personally, thats the end so thats my foot, that has to change. Beyond those coin flips, I'm going to need better Event management and better Stats (Move) management. I don't do anything with those. What actually happens to the People section I'm very flexible and open there, whatever. Microsoft put out the best sweep for destructive user created content with Xbox, but where they lacked pretty miserably was with their avatar efforts, never graduated Quick Thrill 30 Second Fad status over here. Heavenly for sim fans and a micro second shrug from nonsim grunts as myself.

jay4405
Expert Protege

Hello, 

I was having a blast and played 99 percent of my games at 120hz over airlink and was having no issues as long as I was on a router channel that wasn't used by others. RTX 3080 gave me a solid 120 frames. As soon as the update came out it's now a judder mess even with the new AFI set to disabled. 90hz is affected as well. Only one game I play in 90hz is Stormland. Although the glitches aren't seen in 90hz I can still say it feel a bit off and loading times have increased (SSD nvme ). Please advised or better yet please, please, please, I'm begging you......... Add a roll back option. I shouldn't have to wait and yes I'll need to wait until it's fixed because it's just awful for me now.

corry
Explorer

Stop updating my quest! It bricks every single time!

juant800
Explorer

They removed from iOS oculus app since v37

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

@juant800  Not sure what you mean mate?  My iPhone app still works fine with v38.

DonnovanBR
Expert Protege

Oculus Link randonly disconnects after V38 update. Cable test is ok and says it have 2.5 Gb/s.
If i restore Quest 2 to factory settings, link works ok until it get updated to V38.
What to do?

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

@DonnovanBR  Try opting into Oculus desktop pc app public test channel (settings/beta tab).  This will take you to v39.  Works better for me with Link and Air Link with my Q2 on v38.  Cheers.

Buetigame
Expert Protege

@jay4405

Stop using 120Hz with v38 firmware. There are issues in this combinatioon for now, as stated here: Air Link Framerate Insurance (AFI) (oculus.com). Use 90Hz, activate AFI (with ODTool, Mobile ASW > Enabled - Framerate Insurance) und everthing works fine... better than before, if that's even possible 😉

120Hz is and was experimental for now, so there is no guarantee it will work in all circumstances.
They will fix it, give 'em some time.

Nevey001
Honored Guest

Ever since update v38 the tracking on all quests in my direct vicinity (personal and work) have big tracking issues. I can't walk around the office or my living room without the quest or quest 2 losing tracking. It seems it has to do with lighter vs darker areas (when I turn around for example) so far.

With v37 I could walk around the office without any problems and tracking in my living room was practically never lost (unless someone would turn off the lights).

I've seen more people running into very similar issues since update v38. I hope you are aware of these issues and can come up with a fix for it soon!

Cheers!

Mr.Nimbus
Honored Guest

I miss the friend’s information on the explore window, used to tell me what games they gota no achievements. It used to give me ideas in what to get next

DonnovanBR
Expert Protege

In my case i'm using Cable, 72 Hz and 1.0X resolution.