cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the chances of my DK2 come with any problem , and what type of problem , and how long to th

Dalekk-ahub
Honored Guest

Hi my name is Fábio I live in Brazil and I want to know some things before i buy the DK2 , There is a chance of the DK2 come with any problem? and in how long to get here. And if it come , there's warranty? and the oculus rift less the fps in any game?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

cybereality-ahu
Superstar

There are a few issues that could happen with the DK2, both hardware and software. The hardware defects are rare, and I would only expect a small number of people to experience this (for example, a completely defective unit). Software issues are more common, depending on your PC configuration. If you look here or on the forum, you could see some of the issues people are having.

In terms of shipping, Oculus does ship to Brazil currently and the package would be shipped within days of ordering. It can take a few weeks or longer for delivery (definitely longer if it stops in customs). If you order directly from Oculus, there is some warranty support if the hardware arrives broken.

In terms of losing FPS, yes, this is true. Playing games in VR will be substantially more intensive than playing a game on a 2D monitor. It could be as much as 50% less performance. However, you should understand that not any game will work in VR. You should really only try games that were built specifically for the Rift, for example games on Oculus Share. Though some commercial games have VR mods, a lot of times this will result in a poor experience. Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

cybereality-ahu
Superstar

There are a few issues that could happen with the DK2, both hardware and software. The hardware defects are rare, and I would only expect a small number of people to experience this (for example, a completely defective unit). Software issues are more common, depending on your PC configuration. If you look here or on the forum, you could see some of the issues people are having.

In terms of shipping, Oculus does ship to Brazil currently and the package would be shipped within days of ordering. It can take a few weeks or longer for delivery (definitely longer if it stops in customs). If you order directly from Oculus, there is some warranty support if the hardware arrives broken.

In terms of losing FPS, yes, this is true. Playing games in VR will be substantially more intensive than playing a game on a 2D monitor. It could be as much as 50% less performance. However, you should understand that not any game will work in VR. You should really only try games that were built specifically for the Rift, for example games on Oculus Share. Though some commercial games have VR mods, a lot of times this will result in a poor experience. Hope that helps.

Dalekk-ahub
Honored Guest

@cyberelity but in the site of the oculus (https://www1.oculus.com/order/) there is a option send to Brazil with 130 dolars of fare. And if it dont send to Brazil , there is no way to a Brazilian person ( me ) get it?

cybereality-ahu
Superstar

The only way to purchase the kit officially is from the website. At time of purchase, you will be required to pay the shipping costs to complete the order. In addition, you may me charged additional taxes or duties by your government when the package arrives in your country. Hope that makes sense.