cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big issue on Unity5 + FMOD + Oculus Spatializer Plugin

GianniRicciardi
Honored Guest
Hello,
I'm doing some tests on Unity5 with FMOD integration using Oculus Spatializer (loaded as fmod plugin)
It looks like every 3D Sound I put in the game is placed at (0,0,0) regardless of the sound source (gameobject) position in space.
I'm using the standard FMOD emitter launching a looped sound at level startup, but the strange thing is that FMOD integration read the sound property inside Unity Editor as "2D Sound".
I suspect that since I deleted the FMOD standard 3D panner (replacing it with Oculus Spatializer Plugin), FMOD think it's a 2D sound and do not update its transform (position in space).
Does anyone succed to place any 3D sounds in Unity5 using FMOD with Oculus spatializer?
Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but it looks like there's nothing else to do apart from replacing FMOD 3D panner with oculus one.
Of Course if I go with standard 3D panner everything works perfectly..(and FMOD/Unity Editor reads its property as "3D Sound")
Any suggestions?
Thanks 

Gianni Ricciardi
Audio Director and Music Producer
2 REPLIES 2

Petroza
Heroic Explorer
Thanks for reporting this, we will look into it. Something you can try in the mean time is adding a Distance Parameter to the event, that should trick FMOD into treating the sound is 3D if that is the issue.

anotherfilip
Honored Guest
I'm having the same issue has there been a solution found for this? 

Thanks,

Phil