cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FMOD Unity Ambisonics - Not Working

JackMarrone
Honored Guest
I'm want to use ambix with FMOD for my ambiences, problem is that they dont react to the head movements in Unity.
I'm using Unity 5.6, FMOD 1.09.04, OculusPlugin 1.1.4
I've tried the first solution, with one ambix only and the effect on that track and not on the master. No luck there...
Other things work, like oculus panner and reverb..

Is this a known issue?? Am I not doing all the right things? is there a workaround?

Thank you
3 REPLIES 3

dq_mi18
Honored Guest
Hi, I don't seem to understand how to translate this from the UnrealEngine to unity. Are you reffering to the event system (in unity) when you are mentioning an empty event? Also, I am not  sure as if ambisonix  could work in unity 5.6 or if it's only in unity 2017.1 (not sure on the beta version that works)? 

Petroza
Heroic Explorer
This is specifically for FMOD Studio and the same solution works for FMOD Studio integration in Unity and UE4. If you're using our Unity spatializer and not FMOD Studio, then ambisonics support is coming. The 1.1.5 release had support that worked in the Unity 2017 beta but they recently changed it which broke our ambisonics support. Our next release 1.16 due this Friday fixes the ambisonics implementation in our Unity plugin to make it compatible with latest release of Unity 2017.