cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Spatializer does't appear to be spatializing sounds

Amit_B
Honored Guest
Sorry for the double post! I posted this in the General section by accident  😞 

Hello! First of all, apologies for posting this here. I've already posted the same question on the Wwise forums but haven't got an answer yet. I've been trying to figure out why this has been happening (or not) for the last week and can't seem to find anything online or in the forums.

I'm currently working on a 'temple run style' game in which the designer has created multiple environment types which spawn randomly as the player runs. These environments have fire and blue orbs that spawn inside that the player is required to collect. Within Unreal, I have added the Play event to the object's mesh component as shown here. I have then called the event using a Blueprint in the following manner.

On the Wwise side of things, I have my sound file imported into the Wwise project and assigned to an output bus that has the OSP added in the Mixer Plug-in tab after creating an Audio Bus. I have the Positioning settings for the sound source set to 3D and the position source set to Game Desgined. Is there anything that is missing here that may be causing the OSP not to spatialise the sound it's receiving? I have also tried checking the 'Enable Spatilization' option which appears to be native to Wwise. This works but doesn't sound great. 

Any help regarding this will be greatly appreciated. 

Thank You,

Amit.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

DaveDriggers
Adventurer
Hi Amit,

I think you're probably missing the code to load our plugin. You might need to get a programmer or someone that's setup to build the UE4 solution to assist. You'll need to add the code from OculusSpatializer.h to the end of the Wwise initialization code in AkAudioDevice.cpp and rebuild UE4. Please let me know if you need any more info!

Cheers,
Dave 
dave driggers | audio programmer | Oculus VR

View solution in original post

DaveDriggers
Adventurer
Sorry, we're still working on getting this info added to our official docs. That will be coming in an update in the near future. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

DaveDriggers
Adventurer
Hi Amit,

I think you're probably missing the code to load our plugin. You might need to get a programmer or someone that's setup to build the UE4 solution to assist. You'll need to add the code from OculusSpatializer.h to the end of the Wwise initialization code in AkAudioDevice.cpp and rebuild UE4. Please let me know if you need any more info!

Cheers,
Dave 

Amit_B
Honored Guest
Hi Dave,

Thanks. I'll get the programmer to do what you've said. I was pretty certain there was something I was missing in the process. Is there any documentation/step-by-step process available for this? I couldn't find anything in the documentation with regards to what you've mentioned here and only followed the instructions on how the OSP needs to be added to a Wwise project.

Thanks,

Amit.

DaveDriggers
Adventurer
Sorry, we're still working on getting this info added to our official docs. That will be coming in an update in the near future.