cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Unity] Questions about Oculus Attenuation in ONSP Audio Source

chcheng
Honored Guest
Hi there,

I am currently trying the Oculus Spatializer Unity Plugin, and have a few questions regarding the following 2 test cases, which have the test results deviated from my expected results. Is it by design or is there something wrong in my settings?

Thanks.

==========
Background Information:
  • Windows 10 Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.590)
  • Unity 2018.2.20f1
  • Oculus Spatializer Unity Plugin v1.34.0 (latest version)
    (* same happens in v1.29.0)

Preparations:
  1. Download and extract the attached file "OculusSpatializerTest.zip".
  2. Create a new Unity project, import "OculusSpatializerTest.unitypackage".
  3. Open "SampleScene".
  4. From Edit > Project Settings > Audio, change "Spatializer Plugin" value to "OculusSpatializer".
  5. From Edit > Project Settings > Player, expand "XR Settings" and check "Virtual Reality Supported".

==========
[Case 1]: Volume attenuation with distance using OCULUS ATTENUATION
Setting:
  • From "ONSP Audio Source" component in "Audio" GameObject, Enable "OCULUS ATTENUATION"

Test Procedure:
  1. Start the scene
  2. Press <Space> key and listen to the sound. Notice the volume of the sound
  3. Change the Minimum range in "ONSP Audio Source" from 10 to 9, press <Space> key again and listen to the sound

Test Result:
  • the volume of the sound drops drastically

Expected Result:
  • the volume drops by a reasonable amount by a 1m distance

==========
[Case 2]: Volume attenuation with distance using Unity default method (Not using OCULUS ATTENUATION)
Setting:
  • From "ONSP Audio Source" component in "Audio" GameObject, Disable "OCULUS ATTENUATION"

Test Procedure:
  1. Start the scene
  2. Press <Space> key and listen to the sound, let the sound fade out completely and press <Space> key again, notice the volume
  3. Press <Space> key and while the sound is still playing, press <Space> key again and listen to the sound

Test Result:
  • the volume of the sound changes when a sound is currently playing / not playing
  • If "ONSP Audio Source" component is disabled, the volume remains the same

Expected Result:
  • the volume remains the same whether or not another sound is currently playing

0 REPLIES 0