cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Various chromecast audio problems

RavenWorks
Protege
I've already seen a thread about the problem of apps having no audio; that is happening to me in basically every non-Oculus-made app.
But I'm also having various other issues when Chromecast is active, including:
1) UI sounds in Oculus Home are delayed by almost a second, putting them more in sync with the delayed image on the TV than what I'm seeing in the headset (and yes I'm sure the audio is coming from my wired headphones and not from my TV)
2) Audio in the Video app cuts out every second or so
3) Audio in the Avatar app is just a cacophony of constant glitchy noise

Are these all the normal state of affairs for these apps right now? (And does anyone have an example of an app where the audio DOES work normally during Chromecasting?)
3 REPLIES 3

firagabird
Adventurer
@cybereality @imperativity

Are there any updates to this? I have the same issues, using an S7 Exynos and both 2015 & 2017 HMDs. Additionally, I notice that after going back into Home from an app/game, the audio delay gets worse, up to 5-10 seconds late.

@RavenWorks

Apparently, at least 3 people have no issues with the audio delay: https://www.reddit.com/r/GearVR/comments/6shs02/so_was_the_chromecast_support_announcement_all/dlcvc6p/ . The OP uses an S6.
S7 Exynos Nougat. 2017 Gear VR. Public test channel.

firagabird
Adventurer
@imperativity

Thanks for moving this thread to the appropriate sub. Hopefully now it receives more attention.
S7 Exynos Nougat. 2017 Gear VR. Public test channel.

benshine
Explorer
Well. For me the problems seem to be on purpose. It is muted in almost any app. Home would be the only place where i don't need audio. Maybe oculus is to afraid of reducing image quality or resolution in favour of audio.

I know they don't have much Performance left for things like chromcast. But why did mirrorOp had a wonderful solution on android 6 and first Party don't provide a proper stream Solution for sharing experience with others. I don't need to hear sound on tv but just want to guide other people. And these should have the whole thing with sound.

So please oculus come up with a better thing than a muted vr screen with some anoying red dot which no one needs. I know myself when i activate something! I don't even mind if it is a 200x200 px video on tv!!!