cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which spatialized audio solution should I use for Oculus Quest using Unity?

DarkTable
Level 5

So far I've tried ONSPPropagationGeometry/ONSPPropagationMaterial combination. It's in beta, partially broken, and had severe performance issues in a small test situation (small room with furniture, one static sound source, two moving sound sources).

I tried the OculusSpatializerUnity script that's supposed to dynamically resize the "shoebox", but the AudioRaycast method never gets called, so the shoebox remains at the default size of 8,3,5.

And I tried the OculusSpatializerReflection mixer group effect. This would require setting up snapshots for every space and transitioning between them. It currently seems the most functional, but would require a lot of manual setup.

Or is there another solution that people are using?

p.s. I'm using this asset store project as my test environment: 

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/essentials/tutorial-projects/foundations-of-audio-183075

1 REPLY 1

DarkTable
Level 5

I don't want to be the kind of person who goes to Atlanta and raves about Pepsi, but I just tried out Steam Audio and it performs pretty well on Quest 2. I haven't gotten baked reverb working yet, but the basic moving sound sources with 3D positioning, attenuation and occlusion work well.