cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[UE4] Will there be any updates coming to Oculus Lip Sync plugin?

Pinworm45
Protege
Hello. First, I just wanted to say great job Oculus on the lip sync plugin. It works amazingly, the results are fantastic and it's easy to use. It's been a game changer for our project.

However, there are some limitations. For example, the canned version, the lip sync sequence must be set in editor, and can't be changed at run time. As in, you can only get one voice line out of it. 

I'm assuming on your end it'd be relatively easy to create a function to change this at run time, IE "Update Lip Sync Sequence", but it's slightly beyond my skills as I work only with UE4 blueprints. Is this something I can expect an update for, or should I instead be digging into the sdk and learn how I can set this up in C++? 

Thanks for any info you can provide. And thanks again for this plugin anyone involved, it's great.

Edit: Oh, also, does anyone know anything about getting the Laughter detection from the live detection into the canned system? It works great, but it'd be really nice to have it in the canned version as well.
3 REPLIES 3

Pinworm45
Protege

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback here. I'm passing your questions on to our Lipsync team for their review and input.

Did you happen to hear back? Sorry to be a nuisance, I'm just excited about the potential this offers with our current WIP.

Also I have another question.. any chance of Linux support (for this plugin)? Linux support is our biggest bottleneck right now, if we had that we could bypass the other issues.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was looking for the option to change the playback sequence at runtime and it turned out to be pretty easy. In Plugins\OVRLipSync\Source\OVRLipSync\Public\OVRLipSyncPlaybackActorComponent.h change

UPROPERTY(EditAnywhere, Meta = (Tooltip = "LipSync Sequence to be played"))
UOVRLipSyncFrameSequence *Sequence;

to

UPROPERTY(EditAnywhere, BlueprintReadWrite, Meta = (Tooltip = "LipSync Sequence to be played", ExposeOnSpawn = true))

and rebuild the plugin. This will make it possible to set the value using normal get/set nodes, as well as expose it automatically in the "Add OVRLipSyncPlaybackActorComponent" node.

8onpq9hv2mmq.png

elettrozero
Honored Guest

krzys_h said:

I was looking for the option to change the playback sequence at runtime and it turned out to be pretty easy. In Plugins\OVRLipSync\Source\OVRLipSync\Public\OVRLipSyncPlaybackActorComponent.h change

UPROPERTY(EditAnywhere, Meta = (Tooltip = "LipSync Sequence to be played"))

to

UPROPERTY(EditAnywhere, BlueprintReadWrite, Meta = (Tooltip = "LipSync Sequence to be played", ExposeOnSpawn = true))

and rebuild the plugin. This will make it possible to set the value using normal get/set nodes, as well as expose it automatically in the "Add OVRLipSyncPlaybackActorComponent" node.

8onpq9hv2mmq.png

Hi, I was looking for the same solution. May I ask you to share the built pluing or help me building the plugin from sources?