cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Donate your 4-Month Unity Pro Trial License

Nukemarine
Rising Star
If you have not used your 4-month Unity Pro Trial License, consider offering it here to somebody that can put it to use. Likewise, if you're a developer in need of a temporary license, consider asking for one here in addition to posting some examples of your work (people are more likely to donate to proven developers).

Note - DO NOT POST THE LICENSE HERE OR ON ANY OPEN FORUM!!!

How to get your code

* Go to the Oculus Order Manager
* Enter the e-mail address you used when you ordered the Rift
* Click on the link of the e-mail you receive to go to your order management page
* Down the page, there's a radio key "Activate your Unity Pro Trial License" that reveals the code
* Privately send that code to a developer of your choosing.

How to activate the code

* Follow the instructions at Unity Activation Page
52 REPLIES 52

UncleEDDY
Honored Guest
Greetings comrades! I'm a prior service Intelligence Analyst. I just got out of the military and I'm diving headfirst into making my new career in game design/development. I'd love to get a key if someone is willing. I'd use it mainly to build a portfolio in an attempt at joining a development team in Austin, Tx where I currently reside. I feel I have a lot to offer from my extensive training and knowledge of tactics, techniques, and procedures in the military shooter/simulation genre. I'd really appreciate any help getting off the ground with this dream. Thanks

raidho36
Explorer
I can share with you our substantional amounts of pirated Unity Pros plundered from bittorrent networks, but you'd have to look up treasure map on your own.

These pricks don't deserve their Pro version being legitimately purchased. Not until they start to work on actually important stuff.

[cybereality] Please, do not endorse piracy on this forum. Thanks.

Riftmuckel
Honored Guest
Hi, I would like to give my license to a developer!
Just give me a message. []-)

Update: I already spend my pro-license.

Marbas
Honored Guest
"raidho36" wrote:
I can share with you our substantional amounts of pirated Unity Pros plundered from bittorrent networks, but you'd have to look up treasure map on your own.

These pricks don't deserve their Pro version being legitimately purchased. Not until they start to work on actually important stuff.

I can't believe what I'm reading here.

So basically what you are saying is that, if the so called p***** that have purchased a Unity license should work on something important (by your standard), I presume that you would return the pirated license-key to it's rightful owner?

I'm curious how you are going to pull-off the monitoring regarding the importance of other peoples work.

raidho36
Explorer
You obviously misread me there. I was referring to Unity developers. Hence "their" Pro version.

Nobody's thieving noone's legitimately purchased keys, that's not how it works. The common way to do it is to, one way or another, make the program assume it's a legitimate full version. Without actually using legitimate license, which is kinda the whole point.

Lane
Honored Guest
I think the whole point of what the OP is asking is if you are a dev who already owns Pro then consider donating the free 4-month that you aren't using (since you have Pro already).

If you bought a Rift and expired your temporary Pro license then hopefully after 4 months you are able to decide whether or not you are going to move forward with the project or not and just buy Unity Pro. Don't have the money? Kickstarter. 4 months was plenty of time to make a prototype. If it wasn't, then maybe you should have planned your process better. That's just my opinion, though...

Nukemarine
Rising Star
"Lane" wrote:
I think the whole point of what the OP is asking is if you are a dev who already owns Pro then consider donating the free 4-month that you aren't using (since you have Pro already).

If you bought a Rift and expired your temporary Pro license then hopefully after 4 months you are able to decide whether or not you are going to move forward with the project or not and just buy Unity Pro. Don't have the money? Kickstarter. 4 months was plenty of time to make a prototype. If it wasn't, then maybe you should have planned your process better. That's just my opinion, though...

Actually, I just assumed many, many DK1 purchasers are not developers at all. As such, those like myself should give their trial key to those that can actually put it to use. Hopefully then such developers create a product that improves our experience with the Rift. I don't think it matters if a developer would like to use a trial license for more than 4 months. The only need to go full pro is if they plan to monetize their product.

Anyway, if somebody would like an additional four months and has put out a demo at least, please PM me for a key.

superherogeek
Honored Guest
Hobbyist here, who purchased DK1. I have no intentions on getting in to game dev with Unity. PM me if you want my trial.

EDIT: Code was claimed!

darkkeel
Honored Guest
I have a code to give if someone need

Edit: Code claimed