cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming concept that will merge VR with 3D printer technology

Headhunter
Honored Guest
I am developing a concept that gears around an alien hunting type of game and I am looking to add a few more people to my team of animators and artists. The idea that I am creating will not only bring VR technology to a whole new level it will also merge 3d printing technology in with it.

My company creates full size collectible trophy heads of alien type creatures based around the idea of extraterrestrial taxidermy. I have sold these heads as model kits and displays for many years that have been hollow cast in resin. My idea will merge the 3d collectible market with gaming.

The concept is to create an online interactive gaming club that has a VR world where you would be given the task to compete against other hunters to find an alien type creature and be the first to hunt it down and kill it. The twist is that whoever kills the creature first will win a 3d file to actually print out the creatures head like a model and then paint it up so they can hang it on their wall and build their own alien trophy room. They could also win raygun weapons, helmets, gear, toys, figures, etc...anything we want to add in the virtual game we could also print out in the real 3d world to hold in our hands as a prize for winning the game!! This is the future of a whole new realm of gaming and I have been working on this concept for over 15 years. The technology to make it real is just now coming into reality.

This game is gearing toward the elite gamer who is passionate enough to have the latest and greatest technology and be the first to experience a whole new realm that merges reality with gaming. People who would be part of this elite club would not only have to own an oculus rift or VR simulator but also a 3d printer or have access to one. To be part of this elite hunting club the game and the rewards so amazing that people will line up to buy 3d printers and oculus rift systems to be part of this new idea.

This is a powerful tool to generate funding as well because we are already in talks with 3d printing companies that I believe will actually help kickstart and sponsor this concept to create this new platform that will help bring 3d printers into the houses of millions of people over the next few years.

This is the ground floor and we are only looking for the best. The sculptors I work with and the products we create are the best in the industry and I will settle for nothing less. If you feel that you would like to be part of this journey and have something you could add to the development of this idea please send your resume and examples of your work along with an explanation of why you think you should be considered to be part of our team to headhunter@cableone.net
9 REPLIES 9

Vin
Explorer
3D Printing takes hours upon hours and has a cost greater than casting, so good luck. You should probably move this thread to the collaboration section, rather than general discussion.

cybereality
Grand Champion
I have moved this to the collaboration section.

Also, please don't cross-post. I have deleted the other thread.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

KrixusParabellu
Explorer
This is a cool idea, although it may very well be restrained to the super-hardcore-gamers, anyone with a woman in his life would pretty much have to abandon the whole idea of hanging his alienhead trophy in the livingroom :mrgreen:

"Headhunter" wrote:
The sculptors I work with and the products we create are the best in the industry and I will settle for nothing less.

No references, website, or photos to show us?

Headhunter
Honored Guest
"KrixusParabellum" wrote:
This is a cool idea, although it may very well be restrained to the super-hardcore-gamers, anyone with a woman in his life would pretty much have to abandon the whole idea of hanging his alienhead trophy in the livingroom :mrgreen:

"Headhunter" wrote:
The sculptors I work with and the products we create are the best in the industry and I will settle for nothing less.

No references, website, or photos to show us?

Headhunter
Honored Guest
"vin" wrote:
3D Printing takes hours upon hours and has a cost greater than casting, so good luck. You should probably move this thread to the collaboration section, rather than general discussion.

Some take a long time but the technology is improving and it really does not matter anyway if it takes hours to print out if you get a sweet alien trophy head to hang on your wall. It is worth the wait!

Headhunter
Honored Guest
Here are a couple of our concepts for our bust series of aliens. There will be a bounty put out on the head of one of these bad boys and the first person to hunt him down gets a stuffed bust of the critter. These aint no jackalopes my friends!

Headhunter
Honored Guest
One of our one of a kind Rayguns with a steampunk feel. We have built numerous concepts for the possible weapons that could also be printed as a model to hang on the wall with your heads. We also have futuristic blades and swords in the designing phase as well.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Cool.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

3dprinterguidergame
Honored Guest

No Doubt 3D Printing or Sublimation Design Work- best sublimation printer for t shirts 😐 is evolution of modern era