cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recruiting programmers and Animators [better hand collisions for oculus]

BloodyOculus
Protege
I'm setting up a small team to work on createing custom hands for oculus rift games with touch controllers the team will be open and the code will be shared with everyone and if anyone is interested in joing please feel free to join this is for everyone

so far only thing most people do is create snapping to the hands but i think i found a way to make the hands wrap around objects as if they were physically picking it up 
so far i only have the theory for it but i need some help making this happen 
4 REPLIES 4

hitech
Explorer
I've done a lot of coding with oculus hands what type of codeing are you looking for. To see my current hand implementation go to waronline.com

BloodyOculus
Protege
when i clicked the link i got redirected to this website https://www.hitechcreations.com/index.php 
I'm looking for a way to stop the hand animation when the hand is closing to grab an object, but i also wanted to stop the individual fingers based off of collision that are happening for each one 

theres the snapping object to hand effect but it dosnt look good in certain situations so i wanted to see if we can create physics based grabbing script for the hands or the illusion of one 

i can create animations but programming is kind of slowing me down im not that experienced with it but i do have the general idea of how to program this and set it up in unity... not sure what you would prefer to work with

hitech
Explorer
I've never worked with unity. I've always worked with our propitiatory GE. Are you thinking colliding the mesh and then working backwards to recompute the angles?

Dale

BloodyOculus
Protege
no actually alot simplier then that