cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stereophotography - 3D photos in OC

TorNinja
Honored Guest
I can make high-res stereographic image pairs that, if shown to each eye, will give a correct 3D experience.

I'm looking for someone who can use my sample images to develop an Image Viewer/file format for 3D photos in OC. Such an image pair can be downloaded from my domain here: www.torninja.com/stereophototography.rar

It's of my bathroom, nothing fancy. I can make loads more.

Applications could include 3D photos online in the future (facebook, flickr, etc.), 3D photos taken with cell phones with two camera lenses 6,3mm apart, and any other activity dealing with photos.

I can imagine single flat images will be old fashioned eventually. I can't get the idea of 3D-photos from yesterdays party uploaded on facebook out of my head. :lol:
4 REPLIES 4

holophone3d
Explorer
There's lots of good stereo pair viewers out there already. Some might add Rift support, in the mean time check out this thread for my approach to 3d photos and videos : viewtopic.php?f=29&t=299

cybereality
Grand Champion
You can use the Stereoscopic Player to view 3D images (and videos) on the Oculus Rift.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Spacefish
Honored Guest
There are already formats like MPO (Multi Picture Object) which are used for Stereoscopic still images.
a converter simply combines normally two jpeg files to one file and adds a small header, which includes the offsets inside the bigfile of the 2 images. So pretty straight forward.
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi_Picture_Object

TorNinja
Honored Guest
Wow cool, thanks for your inputs : ) Will check these out!